Gen II Octane Requirements

Lodi

Registered
My 2009 didn’t come with an owners manual. Can someone help me out with what octane it calls for?

Here ya go

84A27818-4FE7-40C2-A307-EE62FBB111DF.png

Mine runs best on 90 non ethanol gas so that is what I dynoed it to. There is more energy in gas than in alcohol (that is why racers run it sooo rich) so it gets way better MPG as well. I think it's about 35 or 40 cents a gallon more.

Different countries with different RON ratings ? So here in australia here is the PETROL RON ratings
UNLEADED 91 RON PREMIUM UNLEADED 95 RON ULTRA PREMIUM 98 TO 100 RON I don't know the ethanol ratings as there is not much here that I see anyway I run 95 premium in my 08 and it runs fine :thumbsup:

Mine runs best on 90 non ethanol gas so that is what I dynoed it to. There is more energy in gas than in alcohol (that is why racers run it sooo rich) so it gets way better MPG as well. I think it's about 35 or 40 cents a gallon more.
I thought about that. Only issue is around here the 90 non eth sits in the tank for a long time vs 93 prem which is constantly being filled up. At least thats what I think anyways....

I thought about that. Only issue is around here the 90 non eth sits in the tank for a long time vs 93 prem which is constantly being filled up. At least thats what I think anyways....
Could be a consideration in areas but around here (Fl.) the boat people keep it flowing pretty regularly.

The bird will burn anything ( I know)
Some rural areas only had 87, and I quickly found out DON'T lug it in a taller gear.
If you get stuck running low grade fuel on a trip just run the rpms up a little in each gear, and you will be fine.
You can also keep 3 to 5 ounces of name brand X octane booster under seat in a small bottle. My street legal drag bike I would carry some just in case and top off before heading out with a gallon of race fuel in the tank mixed with 93 octane.

Doesnt a can of octane booster basically add nothing to the actual octane rating? Like a whole can is minimal amount of point added that it doesnt even bump it 1 octane rating. Please correct me if wrong.

Doesnt a can of octane booster basically add nothing to the actual octane rating? Like a whole can is minimal amount of point added that it doesnt even bump it 1 octane rating. Please correct me if wrong.
Seen arguments go both ways. Like what oil is best or Tires ;)

Look at Torco or boostane
Both add actual octane points it's a race fuel concentrate

I always use 87aki since new. No problems so far. When I was in Colorado the had 85 octane but I didn't chance using 85.

Back