Gen II front axle question ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey gang, I changed tires the other day and cant seem to get the front axle to slide all the way in. I dont recall having a problem with it last time but ... ???

any thoughts?

Thanks - Kent

front wheel 009.jpg

front wheel 010.jpg

front wheel 011.jpg

Are the end fork clamps are loose?
Is the axle greased up well?
If you take the axle out, does the nut screw onto OK?
Spacer on the correct side?

Are the pinch bolts loose? Loosen the pinch bolts, lightly tap the axel from the side you insert axel tool.

Are the end fork clamps are loose?
Is the axle greased up well?
If you take the axle out, does the nut screw onto OK?
Spacer on the correct side?

Spacer on correct side? Dont tell me there is only one...? I thought I lost one and ordered another from Suzuki ???

Spacer on correct side? Dont tell me there is only one...? I thought I lost one and ordered another from Suzuki ???

I did the same thing, except when I went to order one the parts manager told me there is only one. I did not believe him, so I went home and looked it up on bikebandit and there is only one on the microfiche.

I used to have a 2003 GSX-R 600 and it had two on the front. There is only one on the 2008 Busa though, I forget which side it goes on, but I want to say the right as you are sitting on it.

OMG! Thank you. My bad, but once again my local dealer has shown themselves to be incompetent. :angry:

OMG! Thank you. My bad, but once again my local dealer has shown themselves to be incompetent. :angry:

You are very welcome sir, you should have seen me on my garage floor looking under everything and still not finding the second spacer. So, is that the problem then, is there a second spacer in there not allowing the axle to be installed correctly?

You are very welcome sir, you should have seen me on my garage floor looking under everything and still not finding the second spacer. So, is that the problem then, is there a second spacer in there not allowing the axle to be installed correctly?

Yup, all correct now and I am headed out to scuff in the new shoes.

Thanx again. - K :bowdown:

They just went for the sale :laugh: I always have to lay my stuff out the way I take it apart.

They just went for the sale :laugh: I always have to lay my stuff out the way I take it apart.

Pictures...

If something looks like it may be difficult to put together, I always take pictures in steps as I disassemble it. This has saved me on a few occasions. Glad you got it back together.

Oh, and someone mentioned an axle tool. Here's a quick tip about that...

If you remove the main axle bolt before loosening the pinch bolts, you don't need any special tools. The pinch bolts hold the axle in place while you loosen the main bolt. :beerchug:

Pictures...

If something looks like it may be difficult to put together, I always take pictures in steps as I disassemble it. This has saved me on a few occasions. Glad you got it back together.

Oh, and someone mentioned an axle tool. Here's a quick tip about that...

If you remove the main axle bolt before loosening the pinch bolts, you don't need any special tools. The pinch bolts hold the axle in place while you loosen the main bolt. :beerchug:

Good tip!

Back