Gen II Frame Sliders on Engine Mounts

jwwhitcher

Registered
I have been shopping around for a set of frame sliders for my '11. The cut versions I have been looking at seem to bolt into an engine mount. I'm a little concerned about transferring impact energy into the engine in the case of a mishap. Just wondering if anybody has had problems, or engine damage with these type of sliders.

The engine is what make give's the twin spar frame its strength!
Every thing bolted together is what works, it may seam that a bolt that is not connected may be the better choice but that is not true. Some thing that is not as structurally sound may collapses under a impact.
I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the sliders.

Also please remember that sliders are not meant to stop all damage

Just installed T-Rex Racing NO-CUT sliders.. they're very solid and firmly connected.
I had these on mine and loved them. I never got to see if the worked :cheerleader: but always felt they would serve the purpose if I needed them. Easy install as well

I never got to see if the worked :cheerleader: but always felt they would serve the purpose if I needed them. Easy install as well

I am one of a few here who have crash-tested the T-REX No Cuts and YES, it works as designed: NO FRAME damage on my old 08. But the fairings (and rest of the bike) got beat up bad but these are NOT fairing sliders in the first place :)

Plus 1000 on the ease of install :thumbsup: and I did not have to cut holes in perfect fairings to protect it from scratches......which is not what FRAME sliders are designed to do. :whistle:

I am one of a few here who have crash-tested the T-REX No Cuts and YES, it works as designed: NO FRAME damage on my old 08. But the fairings (and rest of the bike) got beat up bad but these are NOT fairing sliders in the first place :)

Plus 1000 on the ease of install :thumbsup: and I did not have to cut holes in perfect fairings to protect it from scratches......which is not what FRAME sliders are designed to do. :whistle:

+1 !! I also crash tested my T-Rex sliders on my genII and they did a great job protecting the frame!

Back