Gen II Frame Sliders on Engine Mounts

I have been shopping around for a set of frame sliders for my '11. The cut versions I have been looking at seem to bolt into an engine mount. I'm a little concerned about transferring impact energy into the engine in the case of a mishap. Just wondering if anybody has had problems, or engine damage with these type of sliders.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
The engine is what make give's the twin spar frame its strength!
Every thing bolted together is what works, it may seam that a bolt that is not connected may be the better choice but that is not true. Some thing that is not as structurally sound may collapses under a impact.
I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the sliders.

kromdom

wannabe HOON
Donating Member
Registered
I never got to see if the worked :cheerleader: but always felt they would serve the purpose if I needed them. Easy install as well
I am one of a few here who have crash-tested the T-REX No Cuts and YES, it works as designed: NO FRAME damage on my old 08. But the fairings (and rest of the bike) got beat up bad but these are NOT fairing sliders in the first place :)

Plus 1000 on the ease of install :thumbsup: and I did not have to cut holes in perfect fairings to protect it from scratches......which is not what FRAME sliders are designed to do. :whistle:

I am one of a few here who have crash-tested the T-REX No Cuts and YES, it works as designed: NO FRAME damage on my old 08. But the fairings (and rest of the bike) got beat up bad but these are NOT fairing sliders in the first place :)

Plus 1000 on the ease of install :thumbsup: and I did not have to cut holes in perfect fairings to protect it from scratches......which is not what FRAME sliders are designed to do. :whistle:
+1 !! I also crash tested my T-Rex sliders on my genII and they did a great job protecting the frame!

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flaviote