Gen II ecu problem

neo666

Registered
Hi all got a mad problem I running with nos harness and shifter harness , also shifter harness with auto shift on supercharged gen II had no problem last year however was flashing ok but try and get your head around this I now got a check on clocks so the fuel pump I am not hearing when key is first turned, but if I push the starter button the relay that is on my shifter harness is clicking . Very strange so I tried to reflash
Back to a basic map well that was the plan but I can't get connected tried Ecueditor software and Woolwich software as use Ecueditor for tuning and shifter and nos ect just use Woolwich software for logging . None of the settings on my laptop have changed as this is only used for this bike I have checked
Com port all set correct and I have 2 boxes to hook up to bike but no joy.
My thoughts are for some reason the ecu has had a melt down any help would be good

Are you in Europe?
If so you're bike has an ignition immobilizer.
If accidentally flashed to a country without it, it can cause all kinds of gremlins.
I would try your ecu in another gen2 first.
If your ecu is bad it obviously won't work in that bike either, but it will not harm it.
If your ecu does crank the other bike, and not yours, it is locked out of your bike and I know of no known fix; other than to sell it and buy another.
I have no idea exactly how it happens, and
it is unlikely, but I have personally seen it happen in a gsxr750.
I'll have to look in Ecu Editor later, but if I remember correctly, the Busa country code defaults to U.S specs, and the gsxr's defaults to Euro specs.
You have to click the box and manually change it.
I'm also not saying that is your problem, just a remote possibility.
Checking every little thing helps chasing those kind of issues.
Good luck with it.

Are you in Europe?
If so you're bike has an ignition immobilizer.
If accidentally flashed to a country without it, it can cause all kinds of gremlins.
I would try your ecu in another gen2 first.
If your ecu is bad it obviously won't work in that bike either, but it will not harm it.
If your ecu does crank the other bike, and not yours, it is locked out of your bike and I know of no known fix; other than to sell it and buy another.
I have no idea exactly how it happens, and
it is unlikely, but I have personally seen it happen in a gsxr750.

It also doesn't matter what country of origin Busa you have, with/without an ignition immobilizier.
If you flash it to the wrong country, you can have a problem.
I posted this a few years ago on the Woolrich site, and talked with Smith.
No one had ever seen or heard of the problem.
But again, I saw it/caused it personally.

Hi no def EU flashed I thinking ecu fried as why would the starter button cause the relay on the shift light harness to click
So I thinking something is crossing over within ecu . I got a spare so going to try swapping them.

Back