Gen II Busa hunting - Assistance requested - Ready to buy

gonzo007

Registered
Hello All,

Well my 06 got totalled out after it's theft recovery. They rode it through some woods I think because the fairings had little scratches everywhere. Ripped off the rear cowl and messed up the forks and front discs. Also dropped it at least once I think. It was so sad to see her in that condition. I will miss her terribly.

That said, I want to get a gen II as a replacement. I ask for assistance because I am open to buying from pretty much anywhere in the country if I can find the right bike. I'm located in Dallas, and I scour Ebay daily for newly listed Busas. The one place I can't cover efficiently is craigslist in other areas. I for one love looking at bikes for sale, so I thought maybe some of y'all might feel the same and throw some bikes to me if you see anything interesting.

I'm hoping to find a nice condition 08 or even 09. I'm looking for a stock length, stock height bike with no oversized tires in the back. I guess a little lowered is okay, but I still prefer stock. Really would like to have mild mods like a full exhaust and hopefully some sort of PC'ish something.

My color preferences are ranked here, as well as my exhaust preferences.

1. 09 Silver/Silver
2. 08 Orange/Black
3. 08 Grey/Black
4. 09 White

1. Brocks Alien Head Full
2. Yoshi Full R-77 Carbon
3. Yoshi Dual R-77 Carbon

Again, these are just preferences. I'm willing to look at any and all bikes. Of course lower mileage is better, but not so low that I'm inheriting an ex drag mule. :) Price wise - I'm looking for a good deal. I hear people talk about 7500 gen 2's, so I was hoping to find something along those lines. Looking for a pretty good deal.

I can fly out to pick up a bike and ride it back inside of 400 miles or so. After that I'll probably need to look at shipping. I can't offer a lot to the .orgster that locates a bike I potentially buy, but I'd like to at least offer some beers or something along those lines.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough. I've gone through the classifieds here, so I think I'm aware of what's out there. However, it's very possible that there are still some for sale on the board that I'm not aware of. Again, thanks in advance for any efforts extended here. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I found a place in Tulsa that had the '09 silver for 11,300. I could not buy it due to Cali constraints. I have the info, but is on another computer that is down.
Do a search or wait for someone to pipe up about it here.
I think an admin knows these guys.

Bubba - Thanks. I wonder if that's the same Tulsa outfit that lists on Ebay all the time. Price seems similar. BTW pictures of your bike helped to elevate the silver/silver to the top. Quite a purdy bike you have there sir. :D

Bubba - Thanks. I wonder if that's the same Tulsa outfit that lists on Ebay all the time. Price seems similar. BTW pictures of your bike helped to elevate the silver/silver to the top. Quite a purdy bike you have there sir. :D

It may be, I will look up the info and PM if I can find it.
Love that color so much I waited over 3 months to get the same one. I know there are many out there for a good deal, but Cali is hard to come by.
Thanks Bro
Bubba

Last edited:
There is a Black & Gray 08 in my area on craigs list. Check pensacola, Fl. for it. There is a n Orange and Black listed on Craigslist in Mobile. Alabama. I'm 200 miles east of New Orleans and Mobile is about 100 miles east of New Orleans You can hit both these places on Hwy 10. :welcome:

Be sure to check cycletrader, that is how I found mine. $9450.00 otd. 08 orange and black brand new. Good luck! :beerchug:

Gonzo,

I have a 2008 Blue/gold for sale. The dyno sheet is on the Dyno Kings section under the My 08 numbers thread. Pic there too. I am in Atlanta. I could meet you in B'ham. Should be cheaper than Atlanta Airport. I sold a Road King to a retired pilot for American airlines. He flew into Atlanta and rode it back to Dallas. He flew free though. Email me if you want to talk. danceswithcurves@gmail.com

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'll take another look at cycletrader.

Madlight - thanks...I'll look at those.
BAD - I'll take a look and let you know.

Olathe Suzuki in Olathe, KS has 3 on the floor - '08 Orange/Black, '08 Charcoal Grey, '09 Black. Just saw 'em there 2 days ago.

Back