Gen I Tank Removal

Cstylez03

Registered
I am about to get my other busa painted and im saving some money by taking all the plastics and tank off. How easy is it to remove the fuel tank? is there anything crazy involved with it or just simply removing it and clamping the fuel lines? Any help would be greak thanks.

Take U no time at all. drain tank first if U have a 5 dollar squeeze pump,dont have 1 go buy one.

2 bolts get seat off.

Then 2 bolts at front,lift tank and prop with rod under the hump.

Take of fuel line from tank bottom.

Remove pump assembly.

remove hinge plate at bottom.

Shake tank to get remaing fuel out.

Remove fuel lid,only 4 bolts,not all 8. 4 are used to hold lid to tank, you'll see which 4 with fuel lid open. they are left and right of the top bolt,and left and right of the word suzuki.

VERY IMPORTANT...tell painter to tape all openings. Paint inside the tank...BAD. A good painter will know this,but anyone can fug up.

RSD.

2 bolts on the front, 2 bolts under the seat. then you just have to remove lines. Pretty Easy. I can't remember if I had to remove the black dash pieces (that is what I call them) on each side or not. But I don't think so.

If yer busa is gonna sit for a while,run some stabil thru it,then tape off the exposed line.

RSD.

2 bolts on the front, 2 bolts under the seat. then you just have to remove lines. Pretty Easy. I can't remember if I had to remove the black dash pieces (that is what I call them) on each side or not. But I don't think so.

No "dash" peices need to come off,but the 2 plastic pieces attached to the tank can come off once its lifted...and the 2 rubber blocks. Dont lose site of those,they can fall off as U lift the tank.

RSD.

Hey Rub, I think you should move down below the border. I'd be happy to pay you minimum wage ($3.95 an hour) to work on my bike! :whistle:

I'm just pickin on you buster. I do want you to know I like the fact that you are always stepping up to the plate to help anybody and everybody. You are a good man my friend! :beerchug:

Hey Rub, I think you should move down below the border. I'd be happy to pay you minimum wage ($3.95 an hour) to work on my bike! :whistle:

I'm just pickin on you buster. I do want you to know I like the fact that you are always stepping up to the plate to help anybody and everybody. You are a good man my friend! :beerchug:

Thanks Tuff. I had a few good one's today. This one....https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...il-light-doesnt-fit-carbon-undertray-mdi.html ....drove me fuggin' nuts :banghead:
till I figured it out. Wasn't an' easy one...never seen that undertail till today. There are like zero pics on the net of one installed. Butt :moon:Rubb...dont give up easy. :laugh:

Rubb.

Take U no time at all. drain tank first if U have a 5 dollar squeeze pump,dont have 1 go buy one.

2 bolts get seat off.

Then 2 bolts at front,lift tank and prop with rod under the hump.

Take of fuel line from tank bottom.

Remove pump assembly.

remove hinge plate at bottom.

Shake tank to get remaing fuel out.

Remove fuel lid,only 4 bolts,not all 8. 4 are used to hold lid to tank, you'll see which 4 with fuel lid open. they are left and right of the top bolt,and left and right of the word suzuki.

VERY IMPORTANT...tell painter to tape all openings. Paint inside the tank...BAD. A good painter will know this,but anyone can fug up.

RSD.

Sweet got it off thanks for the help

Back