Gen I shorty pipes and carb jetting

Jvance22

Registered
Hopefully this form is not like others, where I ask a question and get yelled at to go search the threat threads first because someone already asked that. Lol

Anyways I looked a little but want to have my own convo on this.

I want to change my pipes on my 2005 busa. I like the voodoo shorty black pipes. If I do this will I need to get my carbs jetted? I wouldn't mind doing a single pipe, but is it better to keep dual, or get headers 2 to 1?

What would the best set up be to do this? Any advice from anyone that has made the switch would be awesome. What I am looking for is to lose the grapefruit shooters for looks. Also gets better deeper sound, and not lose preferences. If the performance is better that would be a bonus. Also I would like to keep the price decent, not the cheapest but don't want to have to drop thousands on a different set up. I will most likely have the work being done somewhere, don't have the time to diy.... thanks in advance..... go

I'm not sure on the hp loss. That's why I'm looking for advice. If so what would a good brand to go with be?

carbs? no carbs on a Busa. Yes, to get the most out of a change in exhaust you will need a dyno tune via PowerCommander or Bazzaz or ECU flash or etc....

I thought the gen 1s where carb'ed. Someone told me cause it has a choke that it has carbs. I just looked up the specs and it says fuel injected? Hmm, well I'm still learning all about this bike.. lol

... I had some bad info from a buddy and I believed him... lol..... plus all the cruisers I ride were all carb'ed so I thought this one was lol.

If your not out for killer HP, just get the pipes you like and find a reputable local tuner. Either using ECU editor, Power commander or Bazzaz. Most Tuners will have a personal preference. PC website has a bunch of maps you can download and play with that may or may not be close to your particular setup, but any tuner worth his salt will highly recommend against doing so. And based on the way this thread started (carburetors) be certain you get the above for the exact year of Busa you have as the Gen 2 is somewhat different than the Gen 1.

If your not out for killer HP, just get the pipes you like and find a reputable local tuner. Either using ECU editor, Power commander or Bazzaz. Most Tuners will have a personal preference. PC website has a bunch of maps you can download and play with that may or may not be close to your particular setup, but any tuner worth his salt will highly recommend against doing so. And based on the way this thread started (carburetors) be certain you get the above for the exact year of Busa you have as the Gen 2 is somewhat different than the Gen 1.

Thanks for the info. Yes it's a gen 1 2005 that I have. I'm not looking to be the fastest, I just want a good sound and good performance. I want the bike to last and not tear it apart. Bought it for 6k with ro miles on it. I also don't run the hell out of it.

Back