Gen I Seat Replacement Opinions?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I'm interested in riders with tour experience, having a lot of miles on one. My 06 was the first OEM seat that I've ever had that worked perfectly fine for years but now that it's eleven years old and has over 60,000 miles on it, in addition to the disappearance of most of my...ass,:rolleyes: I need a replacement. I've had a couple Corbins on other bikes with both their hard or standard foam as well as their softer foam and have had mixed results. Since I tour exclusively on the Busa now I need a comfy long distance seat. I'm afraid my problem might be me and not so much the seat. I am getting older and my ass is getting thinner.:moon: What's your experience?

I have had the Corbin front/rear seats on our bike since it was new. It is hard as a rock but for whatever reason it is comfortable all day. In fact, I think I mailed the oem seats to Washington not a week after I brought it home. If you were Gen II I would swap you seats for a while to try it out.

On my Gen I, the stock seat was OK for short rides. I ordered a Corbin and wasn't sure about it for quite awhile.
But the more I used it the better it got. It is pretty firm but it somehow feels pretty good too.

I had even purchased the hardware so I had both seats ready and could change them. I use the Corbin 100% of the time now.
It was kind of a waste of $$ to buy the hardware and then never use it. Oh well.

I agree with 1busa - give it another try. And put a few thousand miles on it before you give up. Shouldn't take that long but everyone is different.

I have like new oem,like new saddleman,and may have corbin.. inbox if interested

Thanks all. I have a Corbin on my CBX now with their soft foam and I like it but I've not ridden any 500-600 mile days on it. I had two other Corbins on other CBXs with their hard (or standard) foam and even after 5,000 miles they were still too hard to keep. I sold one to a guy in the UK and had the other refoamed after 5,000 miles with their softer foam and it was much better. That bike is now sold. I live just 50 miles from the Corbin factory in Hollister so the convenience is great but they want $300 just for the front seat. "Rich's" seats are aptly named as they want $450 just for the front seat! I can buy a Lazy Boy recliner for that. Saddlemen seats according to their site are listed as race seats or race-gel seats, hardly long distance seats, although their price is better than Corbin's. They do list a 'Tech Gel" seat but also at nearly $300. Russell wants between $400 and $500, also just for the front seat...

Last edited:
I have 1 of the Saddleman race seats on my Gen 1 Busa. The fit n finish on it is awesome and it actually kinda makes you position your body better for more aggressive riding hence the name Race seat. With that being said I wouldn't recommend it for long all day leisurely rides....

Can't say it gen one would be as good, but I am using a Zero Gravity seat on a gen 2 and it is better for me than the stock seat. I have rode it all day many times with no problems. It is softer than stock and shaped different enough that it allows you to move easily on the bike if your riding alot of curves.

As I stated before I liked the stock seat just fine. After pricing several aftermarket seats I found a new OEM seat from Motosport for a remarkable price. Put 260 miles on it and it's just fine. Hopefully it lasts like the original.

Back