Gen I rear wheel alignment blocks

Jeff Rollins

Registered
I just changed the tire on the rear of my 2005 Busa. I can't tell which way they go on! :confused:
I cannot see the marks that the positioning bolts made on them, so am not sure if my wheel is in line with the front by the tick marks.
Pictures of both are attached, and I hope I just have one of them flipped. If that's it, I'll just flip the right one so they are the same. That way I don't have to take the axle off again.
I am off to work, no COVID stopping the post office.
Can someone post a picture of the left and right blocks on their 2005 Busa so I can compare? I promise I will mark them with a stamp and will clean them up :D

right.jpg

left.jpg

I got it !!! I remembered that it was at 2 ticks when I changed the chain and sprockets last year. So I flipped the left one and they match and the chain is good. Now, I will stamp a small "F" on the front edge of each one so I don't do that again. :banghead:

Now I am worried. I flipped the left one and the grease mark and all line up. But if yours is that way, then maybe my wheel is not in line. I will have to get out my calipers and measure. Thanks again for the pics. I'll post when I figure it out.

Trust the factory alignment notches at your own peril! There are numerous other, more accurate ways to align your axle.

@Jeff Rollins

click : MagentaCLOUD
and download the "99-K2 MANUAL.pdf"
then read precisely to get your job done.
even if you have the K5 (´05) the mechanical part is allways the same.

and for alignment you best use the laser "cat"-eye (surch for it here)

Back