Gen I Injector Rail to Throttle Body Screws: Conversion needed

Warp 7

Registered
Fellow members:

This post is with regard to the four phillps head screws that hold the stock injector rails onto the throttle bodies on a Gen I Busa. I would like to replace these screws with stainless allen screws.

First question: Does anyone know the size of the 4 phillips head screws that hold the injector rails onto the throttle bodies?

Second question: Does anyone know of a source for these screws in stainless/allen type?

Thanks in advance,

~Warp 7~
Albuquerque, NM
1999 GSX1300R Hayabusa (Time travel is now possible)
2008 BMW R1200 GSA (Have gravel/will travel!)

Fellow members:

This post is with regard to the four phillps head screws that hold the stock injector rails onto the throttle bodies on a Gen I Busa. I would like to replace these screws with stainless allen screws.

First question: Does anyone know the size of the 4 phillips head screws that hold the injector rails onto the throttle bodies?

Second question: Does anyone know of a source for these screws in stainless/allen type?

Thanks in advance,

~Warp 7~
Albuquerque, NM

Hi Warp 7. I do this with my gen 1. Honestly I don't know the size, I just get the oem screws and ask for the same size in the shop. I bought stainless steel allen "button head". Problem was, they don't do the allen head with the spacer that is needed for them to fit in the injector trail so I have to do it with a friend of mine. It was cheap since only charge me for the material used, like $10 USD for the 4 spacers. (I use stainless steel for them) Sorry I don't have pictures.

Search for a shop in your area where they have a Lathe machine, they can do the spacers for you and you can just bought the allen head screws and install them yourself :thumbsup:

Hi Gixx, please get in touch when you get back and maybe we can do some business. My number is nine-oh-seven, two-two-seven, seven-three-oh-five. Hope you have agood trip wherever you are going.

Cheers,

~Warp 7~
Albuquerque, NM

Mine are stuck. I am hesitant to use a hammer type impact driver on them with the Throttle Bodies mounted on the bike. Any ideas?

The stock ones strip in the Phillips drive. Guess I need to invest in some Japanese Industry Standard (JIS) Phillips screwdrivers. Plus, stainless Allen drive would not only be easier to work with, but they would look trick.

There are mutiple styles of Phillips head screw drivers. You have the same thing with chains. The pitch is different. I have cleaned lots of injectors and we haven't had to replace any. I put screwdriver in slot, tap lightly with a ball pen hammer they back right out. Aluminum expands and contracts so much from engine heat. A splash of antisieze helps the first time reinstalling them.

Google JIS (Japanese Industry Standard) screwdrivers. They are for any Phillips drive that has a little dot next to the cruciform drive recess. There is also a good article on these screwdrivers on the back page of the March 2013 issue of Motorcycle Consumer News. I don't have a set yet, but if I did, I prolly wouldn't have mangled the drive recess in one of my screws. Use of these screwdrivers is said to eliminate the need for an impact driver. According to the MCN article, prices run from $20 to $42 a set from IKASWEBSHOP.com -- IKAS, INCORPORATED -- Hozan Tools, Toyo Lint Free, Vessel or Miniature Precision Hand Tools from RJRCoolTools.com.

Back