Gen I(ECU flash&tune vs Bazzaz&tune)

BusaDrew

Registered
First off let me say this site is great,it's informative and very helpful. This is my 1st post here and maybe this has been talked about before but i can't find it. If it has, can some one point me in the right direction.:laugh:
Ok a little about the set up of the bike: '06 Busa, small air box mod.,pair valve removed, muzzy full exhaust, gearing -1front +2back, BMC air filter. Since this small stuff has been done I have not tuned it yet. I was wondering which route would get me the most out of the bike. I've read that the Bazazz piggy backs off of the ECU, so why not just tune the ECU. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Cheeseman!! I'm here in NC though and Texas is a little far. What are the benifits of going that route?

That you are acutally using the ECU to control it and not some "strap-on"

Can you tell I do not like Power commanders, etc?? THe reflashing is cheaper and you can do more with it

Performance gains over a PC or Bazazz? Not if they are all tuned correctly, but the issue is still there with the power commander type failures.

The ECU is more powerful and can do more than the PC's, for less money. Change timing, change fueling, turn off the speed limiter, have a seperate N20 map, extend your rev limiter..... Tons of stuff, and even more with a Gen 2

If you already have a pc or bazzaz then don't waist your money.
Ecu flash is only good if you in an area where someone knows how to use it.
It can do some great things thou. If your not close to a tuner that uses it then use what you have.

True that about the tuner. If you have a starter map for the ECU flash, then you are as close as you will get without a tuner for either one.

Without someone to tune it on a dyno, you will not get 100% from either

Yeah I was going to take it to Lee's to do the flash and tune. I read on here people say to ask for a print out of some sort. Like i said I lost and want to get as much info as possible.

davapors
Re: Gen I(ECU flash&tune vs Bazzaz&tune)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you already have a pc or bazzaz then don't waist your money.
Ecu flash is only good if you in an area where someone knows how to use it.
It can do some great things thou. If your not close to a tuner that uses it then use what you have

I don't have either(Bazazz/Pc). I was trying to find out which would be the best route to go.

Back