Gen 3 Resale Values

Chrisblood123

Registered
Hi
I was in the fantastic position last May to pick up my new black and gold Busa , then events dictated that I immediately had to put it up for sale.
I looked on Biketrader and saw that all the second hand ones for sale were silver and mostly ex demo with 1000 plus miles on the clock , today there are only about 10 plus 1 black and gold.
Mines got the hump and done 400 miles , so I thought this is going to fly , as no other ones similar to mine for sale nationally.
Wrong , I advertised for 2 weeks starting at 15500 (bought it for 16500) and reduced it all the way down to 14750 but although I had over 700 hits I only had 2 ridiculous offers.
So my question is why no interest , and what is second hand value for the Gen 3 ? Local dealers have said the market doesnt know yet what the second hand prices are going to be , and try 14250 , but I cant drop that much.
Be interested to hear any views.
Cheers
Chris

I'm suprised you can't get close to what you paid for it, based on low supply.
I would bet the killer for alot of people is insurance. If they finance through a bank or credit union(unless it is a personal loan) then they will be required to have full-coverage insurance.
Suzuki finances through Sheffeild, who does not require full coverage on new bikes.
Do any dealers near you sell on consignment? As in they sell it for you and take a fee, which should get them near retail, and you with less of a hit.
I would post it for sale here(with pictures), as this is mainly a middle age and up crowd, that can afford bikes and insurance, vs dealing with every squid who wants to low ball your price and waste your time(no disrespect to anyone either, but that's just knowing your market).

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Sport bikes are low volume sellers. Two weeks is not a valid test of the market.

I am unclear on what country you are in but in the US sales are likely declining for the fall season as we speak. The new sales season beginning in January may be your ticket to happiness, sorry to say.

You are selling it nationally and offering to ship it? Good if so.

I view Cycle Trader by habit but am unsure if biketrader is an affiliate...

That you can hold onto it for a better price will eventually work in your favor.

Vehicle buyers, particularly for toys like these, are the pickiest group of people on the planet. There is a great anti-black bias for vehicles, which may filter your audience more than other colors might.

This bike with the electronic aids now makes the decision between a road race RR bike and a Hayabusa a more difficult decision. So I think your audience is huge and the most pertinent factor is merely timing.

I would explicitly list any transferrable warranty benefits and I would provide high quality photos of every area of the bike. Photos get people emotional. They are in fact extremely important.

The accessories offered to new buyers (clothing, personalized owner plaque...?) may present a problem for you if enthusiasts desperately want them.

Last edited:
Its because you chose the wrong color, :poke: it would be gone already if it was white, jk

Welcome aboard a good luck with the sale.

Hi
I was in the fantastic position last May to pick up my new black and gold Busa , then events dictated that I immediately had to put it up for sale.
I looked on Biketrader and saw that all the second hand ones for sale were silver and mostly ex demo with 1000 plus miles on the clock , today there are only about 10 plus 1 black and gold.
Mines got the hump and done 400 miles , so I thought this is going to fly , as no other ones similar to mine for sale nationally.
Wrong , I advertised for 2 weeks starting at 15500 (bought it for 16500) and reduced it all the way down to 14750 but although I had over 700 hits I only had 2 ridiculous offers.
So my question is why no interest , and what is second hand value for the Gen 3 ? Local dealers have said the market doesnt know yet what the second hand prices are going to be , and try 14250 , but I cant drop that much.
Be interested to hear any views.
Cheers
Chris
Hi there I have just bought one it were advertised at £13995 and asking what he would take for it he drops it too £13700 Hayabusa 2021 with 156miles

Hi there I have just bought one it were advertised at £13995 and asking what he would take for it he drops it too £13700 Hayabusa 2021 with 156miles
Wow , great deal , looks like Im going to have to take a major hit on mine then , can't believe its dropped 3k since May !

Wow , great deal , looks like Im going to have to take a major hit on mine then , can't believe its dropped 3k since May !
The Hayabusa is a hard sell....harder than most due to the insurance costs....

I guess a bike is like a car, it loses a percentage of it's value just by going off the lot.

Many Hayabusas sit on sites for sale for a long time.....some people are pricing them like they are "unobtainium" or something...I saw an '08 priced at $10k with around 25,000 miles on it the other day...I kind of chuckled to myself as this bike will be on the for sale site for a long, long time.

The insurance on a Hayabusa is Less than most any sportbike, as the Busa is classed as Sport Touring, not a sport bike.
Insurance on a gsxr1000 the same year as any Busa for me is over double the cost, even with a smaller engine, just based on what class it's in.
My driving record is clean too.

The insurance on a Hayabusa is Less than most any sportbike, as the Busa is classed as Sport Touring, not a sport bike.
Insurance on a gsxr1000 the same year as any Busa for me is over double the cost, even with a smaller engine, just based on what class it's in.
My driving record is clean too.
I can imagine the liter bikes aren't cheap either..

Then why are the Hayabusa bikes sitting around so long?

I can imagine the liter bikes aren't cheap either..

Then why are the Hayabusa bikes sitting around so long?

I really just think it's motorcycles in general, global sales have been down for a decade.
The local Suzuki dealer has been in my area all my life, and used to sell alot of sportbikes...alot.
The white 2018 gsxr1k I keep that my friend bought new in 4-19, he got for $100 over dealer cost, and they showed him all the paperwork.
He paid a little over $15k otd including tax, tag, and title...and msrp was around $19k.
They told him they would never buy another sportbike for the floor, orders only, because they just don't sell anymore.
His had been in the crate for 15 or 16 months in their storage.
Most of us remember nearly 2 decades of going to any dealer, and paying $10k or less for the fastest thing on the market.
Fast forward to now and you might as well double that cost.
I think the price is a big deal too.
I also think that there are alot of misinformed people that belive a Busa is a straight line, no corner, no wheelie, top speed, drag racer, and have no idea what an excellent do it all machine it is.

Back