Gen-3 ECU now able to flash/tune…

Given that the stacks were designed before the ecu could be flashed, I still think there's a little more...and I don't nesacerily mean peak hp.
CarbonWorks made MM 8 different sets of velocity stacks for the gsxr1000, before they found the best design, and later improved the final version.
The guy who designed and machined those billet velocity stacks did a fantastic job, no doubt.
But, given the benefits of a 3D printer, a dyno, and now an ecu flash, it makes it easier to fine tune the parts themselves, as opposed to tuning the bike to what parts you have.
It's still early, I think there's a little left.
And then lets see what cams and stacks can do...200whp??
Chris was trying a couple of different stacks there for awhile then suddenly stopped??????? They didn't have the 'plate' in them though if I remember correctly.. Testing with Aluminum ones seems expensive...

The tunes always for power mode 1. Just use Custom mode and make sure its power 1 and you can set all the others to whatever.

What would your estimate be?

Would it be all motor or would you go with race fuel or nitrous?
It’ll be very close if not possible with full bolt-on’s, add MR12 it’ll probably get it done. If not, easy head/cam package for sure. Pistons would do it but personally I’d just throw a crank in it with the other goodies. I’ve already got a 450+ Gen-2 so don’t plan on another Turbo right now.

No

what does that mean? Do you have same map for a, b and c? So there’s no difference?

Pretty sure the fuel map is the fuel map for all 6 modes (abcu1u2u3), the difference lies purely in which aids are enabled/disabled. The illusion of less power in c vs a is based on throttle response, etc

Pretty sure the fuel map is the fuel map for all 6 modes (abcu1u2u3), the difference lies purely in which aids are enabled/disabled. The illusion of less power in c vs a is based on throttle response, etc
Moore made it very clear power mode 1. I would use the 3 customs and setup different conditions.

Moore made it very clear power mode 1. I would use the 3 customs and setup different conditions.

...and those conditions are changing your fuel map? Not the throttle response, not the LC, or the EB, or the TC...but the fuel map? Because that's all changing modes does stock.

If he is saying he can make it so the rider can change the fuel map conditions then Mode A and Mode B and Mode C can all have different fuel maps, there is no reason you cannot have a hoon map with the cracks and pops, an everyday map without em, and a fuel saving map.

Cut and paste from my thread. No real seat time with it yet, but FYI on MM's noise tune.

ECU arrived back home today. To be transparent, I did not do a tune for the correct reason, I really just wanted some fun noise so take this with a grain of salt. Bonus is extra HP to help offset the extra rotational mass the 240 wheel/tire. Note that I have not added the cap from Brock's for the PAIR valve yet. I did not request PAIR to be removed in the ECU, but since I requested the noise tune and they left it alone I wonder if I I should cap it?

No machine gun sounds with the GSXR1K chambered muffler so far, but burbles and shotgun sounds happen when rolling off throttle above 6k. Still need to play and figure out exactly how to do it on command, I think I have a better handle on it now. 100% can ride the bike normally or even somewhat aggressive and not make much, if any, extra noise with my exhaust setup. Admittingly I do wish the pops and bangs would happen at a lower RPM.

The throttle is considerably more sensitive than before, will have to relearn the bike in that aspect. I have very little seat time, but it seems a little too sensitive driving around my neighborhood in first gear when slowing down for yield signs and get going again. Feels more on/off instead of being more linear.

My favorite part of the tune.... Easily recommend the $50 upgrade for the QS fix. It shifts exactly how I want now, zero lag and gears just go click, click, click.

No WOT pulls, just playing around. It definitely feels alot more peppy, overall happy for sure

PXL_20220627_205852179.jpg

One more IMPORTANT thing I did not address. CEL and the warning triangle at the top of the cluster.. I followed the instructions, but do have them and after a few miles, have not gone away just yet. I used the OBD2 digital speedometer to plug into the OBD2 port, when scanning the bike it does not read any codes. I tried to clear them thru this and states no codes.

I have a feeling it's more my equipment having issues reading codes. I also have/had a generic OBD2 reader that I know works on cars, but can't find it. I believe it'll clear it self after some seat time, but wouldn't hurt to get another OBD2 reader anyways. Any recommendations of one that has been tested on the bikes? I'd prefer one I can use between cars and bikes, although this may not be an option.

One more IMPORTANT thing I did not address. CEL and the warning triangle at the top of the cluster.. I followed the instructions, but do have them and after a few miles, have not gone away just yet. I used the OBD2 digital speedometer to plug into the OBD2 port, when scanning the bike it does not read any codes. I tried to clear them thru this and states no codes.

I have a feeling it's more my equipment having issues reading codes. I also have/had a generic OBD2 reader that I know works on cars, but can't find it. I believe it'll clear it self after some seat time, but wouldn't hurt to get another OBD2 reader anyways. Any recommendations of one that has been tested on the bikes? I'd prefer one I can use between cars and bikes, although this may not be an option.

@smithabusa has put together some gen3 obd2 scanners

@smithabusa has put together some gen3 obd2 scanners
I have one on my website that I chop the OBD2 connector off, install the 6 pin red connecgtor, and also add a toggle switch for the dealer mode. I test them on my gen3 bench before I ship to make sure they work, but this wouldn't work using on a car as I remove the OBD2 connector.

woolich and smith both offer confirmed OBDII scan tools. I think Moore offers them as well.

I have one on my website that I chop the OBD2 connector off, install the 6 pin red connecgtor, and also add a toggle switch for the dealer mode. I test them on my gen3 bench before I ship to make sure they work, but this wouldn't work using on a car as I remove the OBD2 connector.

I have been needing to get the dealer switch from you anyways, I get nervous with the paperclip, lol. Thanks, I had forgotten you offer the scanner with switch. If it doesn't clear itself after a few rides I'll go that route, if it does still expect an order from me for the dealer switch. THANKS!

So I just called Moore mafia. Chris himself actually answered. Guy is great to talk too. He offers remote flashing if you already bought the woolich and even offers a package if you have the autotune where he will go back in on your log files and make adjustments to suit individual bike. I will be going this route.

I have to say I’ve spoken to Cris and Magic Mike as well both in person and over the phone and by far they’re the easiest people to talk to regarding tech stuff. Most guys act like they’re holding on to the secret formula for Coca Cola and these guys are on a different level and ready to help when and where they can.
Side note: Cris’ wife is an absolute pleasure to deal with and talk to as well. I have to say he has a great team around him and it shows.
Can’t wait to get there end of next month and hang out a bit while he dynos my bike.
I’ll be picking up my new silver bike while there as well so double excited!

I have to say I’ve spoken to Cris and Magic Mike as well both in person and over the phone and by far they’re the easiest people to talk to regarding tech stuff. Most guys act like they’re holding on to the secret formula for Coca Cola and these guys are on a different level and ready to help when and where they can.
Side note: Cris’ wife is an absolute pleasure to deal with and talk to as well. I have to say he has a great team around him and it shows.
Can’t wait to get there end of next month and hang out a bit while he dynos my bike.
I’ll be picking up my new silver bike while there as well so double excited!
Is this if you win the waffle?

Back