Gen-3 ECU now able to flash/tune…

Thanks fellas. I’m so wore out today. Couldn’t sleep was so excited. I think I’ll try and do some of those mile runs with it and have some fun at the drag strip as he still has to tune my white bike on the 22nd and that one will be my main chick.

You felt it, spoke it into exhistance, and made it happen, awesome man, truly happy to hear you won.
I was sitting outside watching the live drawing as it was starting, then a friend stopped by and I missed it, lol

Thanks fellas. I’m so wore out today. Couldn’t sleep was so excited. I think I’ll try and do some of those mile runs with it and have some fun at the drag strip as he still has to tune my white bike on the 22nd and that one will be my main chick.

First things first, holy crap and congrats! I can't believe someone on here won it, more deserving than most in the FB group! I'm jealous to say the least, looking forward to a new thread with plenty of pics of the new ride!

OK so 24 hours and a flat tire later. My cheap Amazon obd2 speedometer is now reading that the vehicle is no longer supported. Soon as I finish getting my new tire fitted I will get the bike back home and try a few other things. Just curious why the flash would effect the obd2 speedometer. @InfiniteReality does yours still work?

I briefly plugged mine up in an attempt to clear the codes, which failed. But I did not get any errors on the digital speedometer. Bike was on the rear stand. If the tune somehow killed the OBD2 port reading but maybe GPS side of it still works? It's raining today, but I can plug it in and boot it up to test if that's where you get the error?

If you figure out how to make the exhaust noise on command before I do, let me in on the secret.

Man you guys…. I even teased it! Lol.
I won guys! I’m picking up the Moore Mafia bike later this month when I go to get my white Busa tuned. I kinda called it earlier in this thread and stayed positive and ended up being sick with excitement and losing sleep lol. Super excited to say the least!
Heck ya, congrats man! Glad an enthusiast on here actually won….AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup:

I still say the gen 3 engine was designed to be boosted....but Suzuki either chickened out or couldn't get it to conform to Euro 5.
this is my bet as well. it makes sense. why strengthen up the internals otherwise? unless they were making it easier for buyers to boost, but...idk if I buy that.

speaking of boost -- I don't personally care that the gen3 is a few peak HP shy of the gen2, given the quickshift and cruise and build quality being reported. I'm planning on boosting it anyhow. I also still have my flashed /piped 2020 GSXR1K tho :D

I find a lot of folk seem to be able to find straws to grasp at with why they don’t like the Gen-3.

# It might make a couple of ponys less top end.
# It has tech they think they don’t want or need.
# It might not to a step forward for bragging about dyno numbers or going in a straight line.

Im finding it a genuinely good bike, a step up from a Gen-2 on the road and certainly a replacement for my higher spec H2 SX SE. The price hike to a Gen-3 was a bit salty, but in reality Suzuki are only catching up with manufacturers like Kawasaki and Ducati in having an updated bike in the range again.

Suzuki’s days of making class leading bikes are long gone, and the the latest Busa is only just catching up with features and tech and lacking some options, but for me the Gen-3 is ideal in it’s own niche in the market.
really curious to hear why you think the gen3 is a better bike than the H2 SX SE! I was thinking about one of those, but stuck with the gen3. haven't gotten it yet, but I expect I'll enjoy the heck out of it.

really curious to hear why you think the gen3 is a better bike than the H2 SX SE! I was thinking about one of those, but stuck with the gen3. haven't gotten it yet, but I expect I'll enjoy the heck out of it.
Although the SX SE performs well and has some nice features the Busa lacks, it has downsides.

Personally I find the motor louder and harsher than the Busa’s, it has a less refined solid feel. It always had a busy and working harder feel to it (as expected from a 998cc engine making big numbers)

Whilst my Suzuki’s can be worked on at just about any Suzuki dealership the H2 needs a “H2 tech” not just a Kawasaki dealership. My nearest one was a few hours away. Regular Kawasaki dealerships can’t or won’t do stuff like the ECU recall, hard to get to oil mesh screen, supercharger end float etc.

Mine had 4 recalls, centre stand, rear wheel bearings, oil screen, ECU flash for the quick shifter, along with services it make long trips to the dealership annoying. Hearing of folk having mechanical issues was a bit more common than I was comfortable with, sure some folk had great experiences but too many folk with having dramas, both with tuned and sometimes stock bikes.

The H2 SX is very easy to derestrict and gets huge gains, but…. two mates both then had piston failure, and I’ve read of many others, normally number 3 piston. The H2 SX is a high compression boosted motor which makes it run well off boost and with boost, but it’s not ideal when you up the boost. If you big horsepower the H2 SX is easy to find gains, but then reaches a limit much lower than a Busa can achieve.

I did like the H2 SX‘s more upright position, nicer dash, centre stand, factory frameless luggage, “chirp” from the Supercharger, adjustable settings when on cruise control etc, but after 3 years with it I never felt as confident with the bike as I did with my Busa’s and B-King.

I don’t hate on the H2 SX SE, I appreciate the 3 years we had together. The Busa and H2 SX SE offer something different and suit different roles.

For folk who don’t know. There are 3 quite different H2 engines.
H2 SE and Z-H2 get a high comp low boost version.
Sports H2 / H2 Carbon / Tesi H2 get a lower comp higher boost more sporty version.
H2R gets the full Monty “race / track” version.

Last edited:
Although the SX SE performs well and has some nice features the Busa lacks, it has downsides.

Personally I find the motor louder and harsher than the Busa’s, it has a less refined solid feel. It always had a busy and working harder feel to it (as expected from a 998cc engine making big numbers)

Whilst my Suzuki’s can be worked on at just about any Suzuki dealership the H2 needs a “H2 tech” not just a Kawasaki dealership. My nearest one was a few hours away. Regular Kawasaki dealerships can’t or won’t do stuff like the ECU recall, hard to get to oil mesh screen, supercharger end float etc.

Mine had 4 recalls, centre stand, rear wheel bearings, oil screen, ECU flash for the quick shifter, along with services it make long trips to the dealership annoying. Hearing of folk having mechanical issues was a bit more common than I was comfortable with, sure some folk had great experiences but too many folk with having dramas, both with tuned and sometimes stock bikes.

The H2 SX is very easy to derestrict and gets huge gains, but…. two mates both then had piston failure, and I’ve read of many others, normally number 3 piston. The H2 SX is a high compression boosted motor which makes it run well off boost and with boost, but it’s not ideal when you up the boost. If you big horsepower the H2 SX is easy to find gains, but then reaches a limit much lower than a Busa can achieve.

I did like the H2 SX‘s more upright position, nicer dash, centre stand, factory frameless luggage, “chirp” from the Supercharger, adjustable settings when on cruise control etc, but after 3 years with it I never felt as confident with the bike as I did with my Busa’s and B-King.

I don’t hate on the H2 SX SE, I appreciate the 3 years we had together. The Busa and H2 SX SE offer something different and suit different roles.

For folk who don’t know. There are 3 quite different H2 engines.
H2 SE and Z-H2 get a high comp low boost version.
Sports H2 / H2 Carbon / Tesi H2 get a lower comp higher boost more sporty version.
H2R gets the full Monty “race / track” version.
thank you for the detailed response! cheers friend

I had a 2020 H2 SX Se...hated it..lol too many issues, rear bearing, other recalls like the quick shifter able to wreck the trans, etc..couldnt WAIT to dump it..now, the busa is great on everything I wanted, but, not the "touring" aspect, but, my new 1000 gt+ has that cover..

Seriously, I'll never consider a Kaw again, at that price point, it should have done everything right..every mod that was available I had, full brocks, dynoed, etc..just not my cup of tea

Back