Gen 3 busa in the pipe

Unless it comes out in the middle of 2019 and is a 2020 model.

I was thinking if they’d ever release it, it’d be on the 20 year anniversary. But idk. Maybe they’re just not upgrading the busas anymore. Their gsxr1000r confirms a little of what I suspected, that Suzuki is going to be focusing on more track bikes than these hyper touring bikes.

I was thinking if they’d ever release it, it’d be on the 20 year anniversary. But idk. Maybe they’re just not upgrading the busas anymore. Their gsxr1000r confirms a little of what I suspected, that Suzuki is going to be focusing on more track bikes than these hyper touring bikes.

I personally think the Hayabusa will become a dedicated sport touring mount and Suzuki will concentrate on the GSXR/GSXS platform. I don't think the Hayabusa will go away but unless Suzuki does something really radical it can't compete anymore in it's current state. Even Supercharged or turbo'd it will lag behind the H2 due to weight.

Kawasaki excels at this, original 1000 Ninja became Concours, ZX14R had a Concours companion and the H2 now has a sport touring companion. Kawasaki is smart to use the same platform for multiple uses. Suzuki needs to take note. They are starting a bit with the GSX-S line but have a ways to go.

Last edited:
I spoke to a suzuki rep and he told me its coming but it will be late 2019. Not holding my breath anymore.

I spoke to a suzuki rep and he told me its coming but it will be late 2019. Not holding my breath anymore.

That's weird because every single suzuki dealer and reps I spoke to, including the time I was at the shop yesterday said that suzuki isn't mentioning anything about the new Hayabusa's yet. Even the dealer has no info on when they'd get new inventory, if they will :/

That's weird because every single suzuki dealer and reps I spoke to, including the time I was at the shop yesterday said that suzuki isn't mentioning anything about the new Hayabusa's yet. Even the dealer has no info on when they'd get new inventory, if they will :/
I know my guy is reliable, always has been. 99.9% were his words. We'll see.

They are already too late. There will be a limited market (probably us) when it does arrive unless it is a game changer. If it doesn't decimate everything else out there it will be a complete sales disaster. The liter bikes are absolutely killing it right now. Light weight and high hp = sales. The new ZX-10 is a monster bike.

There is some info about some patents Suzuki submitted for a newly designed gearbox/clutch floating around on this forum or maybe even this thread, so looks like there will be one, but no clue when.

I thought it would be 19 since it was the 20th anniversary...
Yeah , I know because at first I was too , but first clue this is not the case was when the '19 models were introduced officially recently . Personally , I am getting a bit pissed at having to second guess Suzuki , but I think the new Katana will be next to premier , then next year late , the Gen 3 .
Whatever or whenever , it will be a kick ass sport tourer type with big hp , and really think it will be competitive against any other make of bike hp and performance wise .

Back