Gen 3 busa in the pipe

m m m 1500 cc

2016-Suzuki-Hayabusa-render.jpg

Hmm seems like the concept shapes agree somewhat in design. If it comes to fruition, I can't wait to see it.

Thomas Michael white said he talked to a few people at Suzuki and said that this is not from Suzuki but who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing this bike going into production. I'd like to see a factory tuebo.

I now believe the Busa is going to be retired. The go fast kids are moving to the liter class. Even the drag racers are looking liter. Besides Suzuki Racing needs a platform that can battle BMW & Ducati on the tracks. But I'm seeing a possible new frontier for a Busa-like bike. The original Busa probably started with a conversation that went something like this: "how can we make a sportbike more comfortable for longer trips?" Well now the question can be "How can we make a sport bike compete with goldwings for long range comfort?"

So, I see a 6 cylinder butter smooth powerhouse with 1500-2000 cc displacement. Electronic shifting (auto or manual like a car). TC and ABS. All for around 600 lbs with luggage. Oh yes, aerodynamics too. Big issue is how to keep the sporting riding position on a bike like this? If you are envisioning a Glodwing looking bike that's not what I'm thinking. Think a Busa looking bike that can do what a Goldwing does.

I now believe the Busa is going to be retired. The go fast kids are moving to the liter class. Even the drag racers are looking liter. Besides Suzuki Racing needs a platform that can battle BMW & Ducati on the tracks. But I'm seeing a possible new frontier for a Busa-like bike. The original Busa probably started with a conversation that went something like this: "how can we make a sportbike more comfortable for longer trips?" Well now the question can be "How can we make a sport bike compete with goldwings for long range comfort?"

So, I see a 6 cylinder butter smooth powerhouse with 1500-2000 cc displacement. Electronic shifting (auto or manual like a car). TC and ABS. All for around 600 lbs with luggage. Oh yes, aerodynamics too. Big issue is how to keep the sporting riding position on a bike like this? If you are envisioning a Glodwing looking bike that's not what I'm thinking. Think a Busa looking bike that can do what a Goldwing does.

Oh I hope Suzuki doesn't go the Goldwing route... I'm sure that, like me, many folks buy the Busa over a comparable liter bike for the space and comfort it offers. You don't need to be much over six feet tall to find a Gixxer Thou cramped, and it's the roomiest liter bike going!

I want Suzuki to keep it big, aerodynamic and powerful... and able to lay a serious beating down on a ZX-14R. :laugh:

well the big touring bike was like that when the Gen I redefined the class originally. I'm not talking make the Busa a Gold Wing. I'm talking take Busa aggressiveness into that class. BMW is sort of doing it already ( http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/.../com/en/individual/news/2011/news.jsp&id=4256) Why not a Gen 3 that can roll in comfort at 200 mph down the AutoBahn?

Honda did the ultra-bagger thing.... no thank you.

http://powersports.honda.com/cruiser/2015/gold-wing-f6b.aspx

As for rolling in comfort at 200mph, it's almost there with the Gen2. Just needs slightly higher bars, a taller screen and no top-end limiter. :thumbsup:

You have to use some imagination. I keep talking about things that aren't a Goldwing and you keep going back to that. Did you see the average age of a Busa owner? If Suzuki puts out a significantly new Busa they lose the aftermarket appeal of the current model. If they don't make major changes the busa slips further back on the pecking order. Even if they do make big changes how much more can you do then the H2R or even the current ZX14R for that matter? I just don't see the sense in Suzuki spending a fortune to street something with 250 HP. They are better off to make some electronic adds to the current Busa and let people add turbos to them aftermarket. So maybe there is some wisdom in "bold new graphics"?!?

Just snail, intercoll, and reinforce the 1340 or 1397. If they can do that with some good ergonomics like brakes, suspension, ect and make a descent value, That could be a winner.

Honda did the ultra-bagger thing.... no thank you.

http://powersports.honda.com/cruiser/2015/gold-wing-f6b.aspx

As for rolling in comfort at 200mph, it's almost there with the Gen2. Just needs slightly higher bars, a taller screen and no top-end limiter. :thumbsup:

The top speed limiter isn't likely to go away.
Only the Japanese bikes have it, and the BMW1k's seem to be the only non Japanese bikes that really can pass it(stock 192mph, ish)
The "gentleman's agreement" of 2001 and there after(the 300kpm/186mph limit) between the Japanese companies was to prevent big government from imposing restrictions upon them during the speed wars of the time.
Fast forward to today, a world full of politically correct bs, and advertising a bike without a restriction will likely just open another can of worms the bike industry doesn't need.
Fortunately, with a few clicks in Ecu Editor, Ecu Unleashed, or a couple other ways, the limiter is still easily removed.
The higher bars and taller screens are easy aftermarket upgrades, and will make it much harder to reach that 200mph goal so many seem to have.
With a couple miles of empty road, a -2 rear sprocket (or a 55 series rear tire with stock gearing), being under 6' and 200lbs geared and able to tuck into the bike well, perfect weather, and all the planets aligned, a gps to verify, then an internally stock gen2 is capable of breaking 200mph. Where as you can do 197mph stock/unrestricted under the same perfect conditions.

Back