Gen 2 turbo problems

this is getting like a dr. Phil episode..... getting you guys to open up.

Iam waiting on a quote so I have an idea on how much this is going to cost with different options. We could just fix it and slap a stock piston in it. But since it’s apart it makes sense to dive deep into it. How deep? All depends on the $. Boosted is putting together a list and prices so we can discuss what way we go.

Iam waiting on a quote so I have an idea on how much this is going to cost with different options. We could just fix it and slap a stock piston in it. But since it’s apart it makes sense to dive deep into it. How deep? All depends on the $. Boosted is putting together a list and prices so we can discuss what way we go.
get a timeframe also..... if ure gonna send parts out(tranny.... block … whatever).... if u wanna build a motor to hold 600 hp... 4000-5000....

for the MOTOR,,,, u think im too high?

I think you’re too low.
Maybe I’m thinking overpricing it but I know it’s not cheap.

Also I think that would only cover parts for a fresh build not even installed. But that’s only the motor, nevermind the rest of the build that has to be done.

Last edited:
Injectors are removed and visually look decent. We will see how they do on the flow bench this weekend.

Here’s a video showing what iam talking about. This is before I adjusted the tps. That’s why the idle is jumpy. It idles smooth now but still doesn’t rev up smooth on light throttle. If you lean on it the bike revs smooth.
That is basically exactly what mine is doing. Cutting up hard as hell around the same points.

New Fuel lines, New fuel filter, New fuel pump GSL396 (more flow), New NGK Cr9e gapped to .18, another oil change with Castrol GTX 10w-40, full system coolant flush and refill completely with Engine Ice. Had a miss detected when I used the HealTech S-01 to check codes, have reset, the TPS, and the Idle Valve ( mild improvement at idle),. New rectifier going on this week as the last one just took a dump. Had a LSR mechanic/Racer/Tuner, and NHRA Mechanic of over 30 years look it over. Still doing it. Seems like an ignition cut. Fuel gauge shows fine at idle but not like it is putting in enough fuel. Tops out at 53psi.

Any help appreciated and sorry to piggyback.

I have David Thompson's old 08 Blue and Gold LSR Turbo Hayabusa with the RCC Stage 2 Ultra setup, AMS 1000, rewired by Rob at Boosted Cycle, etc.

That is basically exactly what mine is doing. Cutting up hard as hell around the same points.

New Fuel lines, New fuel filter, New fuel pump GSL396 (more flow), New NGK Cr9e gapped to .18, another oil change with Castrol GTX 10w-40, full system coolant flush and refill completely with Engine Ice. Had a miss detected when I used the HealTech S-01 to check codes, have reset, the TPS, and the Idle Valve ( mild improvement at idle),. New rectifier going on this week as the last one just took a dump. Had a LSR mechanic/Racer/Tuner, and NHRA Mechanic of over 30 years look it over. Still doing it. Seems like an ignition cut. Fuel gauge shows fine at idle but not like it is putting in enough fuel. Tops out at 53psi.

Any help appreciated and sorry to piggyback.

I have David Thompson's old 08 Blue and Gold LSR Turbo Hayabusa with the RCC Stage 2 Ultra setup, AMS 1000, rewired by Rob at Boosted Cycle, etc.
If Rob built the bike send it back to him. Or at less talk to him he should be able to point you in the right direction. I sent rob the bike and he fixed the problem but we also did a lot of other stuff.

Have you checked the map sensor?

Back