Gen 2 stretch Pics

cse11

Registered
I am trying to pick how much of a stretch i want, I have been looking all over this site for pictures with sizes and cant find many. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im mainly thinking some where between 4" to 12"

4-12 is a huge difference in looks. You have to determine what your purpose of extending is for. Just looks to fit under the tail 3-4. Anything further than that needs extended tail too.

I was really thinking more along the lines of 6" - 8" but am interested in seeing pictures of more sizes. Thanks.

Googled 6" stretched hayabusa. Lord have mercy,look what popped up!!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=str...y4oNCh0BbQt9#tbm=isch&q=6"+stretched+hayabusa

And I did the same for 8" stretched hayabusa. Same thing happened.
https://www.google.com/search?q=str...y4oNCh0BbQt9#tbm=isch&q=8"+stretched+hayabusa

Well I have done that also. Did you happen to notice that everyone of those pics where almost all different sizes from maybe 4" all the way to like 18". Thanks a lot though.

The first 40 or so pics are of bikes with a 6" stretch in the 1st link,as well as about 30-40 bikes with an 8" stretch for the 2nd link. And also,if you click on the pic,then click on "visit page",9 out of 10x there is a description of the bike and list of mods...Youre welcome

4 inch and stock pics. You can see the difference from how much the tire is tucked under the tail in the stock to fitting the curves of the tail with the stretch.

ForumRunner_20150903_195433.png

ForumRunner_20150903_195447.png

Not my cup of tea but I imagine stretching is good for drag racing and or land speed attempts I am I right ? :thumbsup:

that is so fukn badass!!!!! dammit I'm gonna have to convert my gen I to a Gen II just to look like that now smh thanx a lot smh. freakn thing looks EVIL!!! u gotta post more of those bro cmon thats jus teasn ppl

Last edited by a moderator:
that is so fukn badass!!!!! dammit I'm gonna have to convert my gen I to a Gen II just to look like that now smh thanx a lot smh. freakn thing looks EVIL!!! u gotta post more of those bro cmon thats jus teasn ppl
Thanks man lol appreciate it. I would gladly trade you for your beast haha.

for whats its worth.....my bike is about 8-9" over. its lowered a few inches and I have a custom rear spring for my length and weight. with a few minutes of sag adjusting, my bike handles very light and easy. I can still take corners with most people around here. don't think just because its a extended busa it cant keep up. I love mine and when I hop on my buddys 600s, they seem heavier and harder to handle. just spend some time setting up your bike and have fun ! I don't think I could ever downsize out of a busa now

Never figured my first post would go here. This is my 2011 with an 8" stretch. I am planning on going back shorter myself. Probably to the minimum stretch I can and still keep the 240 on the rear.

Road%20002%20-%20Copy.JPG

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the purpose of stretching good and bad points ? :thumbsup:

Purpose is to make the bike less wheelie prone so you can leave harder at the drag strip and get better times. A lot of guys like the racy look so they stretch and might not actually go to the strip.

Good points: Faster at the track. Looks (subjective)
Bad points: They do not handle as well as a shorter Busa, all other things being equal.

It will not handle as well if you were at the limits of the stock equipment. But I bet if you were no where near the limit before you still won't be at the limit but it will be a lower limit. Haven't had a single issue being able to ride how I like to ride with a stretched (4in) and lowered some in the front and some in the rear.

Back