Gen 2 stage 1 turbo bike

busakiller

Registered
So I bought another turbo bike. This one is a Gen 2. It has many different parts on it. Bought the bike back in November last year. In the next couple of weeks I plan on tearing the plastics of it and going over everything. Also need to redo the waste gate setup and figure out some other things on the bike. Once I feel like I got a solid bike I will get it retuned. Bike needs some love. First thing I did when I bought the bike was check the clutch. That was burnt real bad and the plates were in the wrong way. Plus it only had 3 hard springs in it. Clutch fibers were caked on the basket and it took a couple hours cleaning it. Then I changed the oil to make sure I got it out of the bike. Will post pics this week.

It’s not uncommon to put 3 heavy springs in a stage 1 bike. That’s more then enough clamping power, and it doesn’t make the lever hard as a rock.

If the clutch was burnt out that bad it would be worth dropping the oil pan and checking the oil pick up screen. You don’t want to starve the engine of oil.

It’s not uncommon to put 3 heavy springs in a stage 1 bike. That’s more then enough clamping power, and it doesn’t make the lever hard as a rock.

If the clutch was burnt out that bad it would be worth dropping the oil pan and checking the oil pick up screen. You don’t want to starve the engine of oil.

That's on the list to. Plan on pulling plastics off the bike this week and start looking over everthing. Once that's all done will drop pan and clean that and oil pickup. 3 springs might of been enough but the clutch was half in backwards. I want to fix the boost creep problem and redo/check all boost vacuum lines. Do leak done and put new plugs in. Then do a boost leak test. Rewire some stuff and remount some stuff. I will take pics soon.

20180228_174447.jpg

I looked on rcc website to see if they sell the exhaust for the bike. But no luck. I don't like the dumps on the bike. I need to relocate the waste gate closer to the turbo. Since I am sure thats were my boost creep is coming from. Then redo the dumps.

I plan on doing a couple quarter mile passes on the bike and maybe do the standing mile with it. Probably ride it to work and beat up on the locals in my area.....

I looked on rcc website to see if they sell the exhaust for the bike. But no luck. I don't like the dumps on the bike. I need to relocate the waste gate closer to the turbo. Since I am sure thats were my boost creep is coming from. Then redo the dumps.

I plan on doing a couple quarter mile passes on the bike and maybe do the standing mile with it. Probably ride it to work and beat up on the locals in my area.....
Call Richard just like lots of places don’t list every little part on website. He’s a nice guy and extremely helpful. Or just email he replies fast.

You’ve gotta remember that the exhaust the Rcc sells, fits ONLY their kits.

Yes generally you want a wastegate within an inch or two from the point it’s introduced to the exhaust flow. On turbo hayabusa’s, the only place that works is in the merge where all the runners come together on the header, or cut a hole in the exhaust housing and blend it in nicely there.

I’ve seen several pieced together kits where generally if the gate is hanging out the daring like this, it’s because the gate it mounted on the one exhaust runner that’s right there. Gates in that location ALWAYS boost creep because of having 3 other runners worth of exhaust trying to go in to one, while overcoming the exhaust pulse from that cylinder.

As you can see in the pictures how long the waste gate pipe is before it gets to the waste gate. So I need to get this thing done a lot to help with the boost creep.

20180304_152040.jpg

20180304_152050.jpg

Yes that’s long. But that’s not gonna be your problem. I’ve seen many set up on cars where the turbo is center mounted in the grill, and yet the gates are mounted right off the headers at the first bend and not have creep issues.

What is more then likely the issue is how the gate port is blended in to the housing it’s self.

If you take the turbo off and look down the opening of the hosing the wastegate port is more then likely at a hard 90* in to the housing. If you take a die grinder, and blend the top of the wastegate port up like, almost like a tear drop it will help make that turn closer to a 45* then a hard 90*.

The old mitsu turbos always had this issue, and porting the housing like I said, along with a bigger gate flapper always cured the issue. It’s also worth mentioning that if you moved the gate to where that firt butt weld is, it would be exactly where the gates use to be when RCC use to use the old style 5 bolt exhaust housings like what you have. But they also ported the housings like I just said.

There’s also some other things to check. Make sure the line going to the waste gate is the proper size. Many times guys will stretch a smaller hose on the fitting. Almost make sure the line is away from the header and has no burns or melted spots in it. I don’t see “Tial” on the hat of the wastegate. The knock off China gates are prone to crappy manufacturing defects. Pull the gate off, and pill the spring. Move the valve in the gate by hand. It should move easily throughout the whole stroke. The more common issue is a hole in the diaphragm allowing boost to bleed off through the top port and will cause creep.

I’ll atep off my soap box now. :D

Thanks for the info. I guess I will try porting the exhaust housing and check the wastegate. see if that helps at all. If not will move the wategate. But I will check the waste gate out and make sure thats not the problem

Back