Gen 2 stage 1 turbo bike

Thanks for the info. I guess I will try porting the exhaust housing and check the wastegate. see if that helps at all. If not will move the wategate. But I will check the waste gate out and make sure thats not the problem

Here’s what I was talking about. See how far away the gates are from the turbo?
8E79B2C0-7A82-4672-8863-0B0CA5D9B04B.png

Well the line going to the waste gate is 1/4 id. So that should be big enough. Tomorrow I will pull the turbo and start porting the exhaust housing and check out the waste gate. After I port the housing I will put it back together and see if that helps. If not I shorten the waste gate pipe up something. And if that doesn't work I will buy a new wastegate. Would like to spend money on stuff I really need. Would like to make sure nothing else is the problem before I spend money on something I might need.

And well never understand the $500 purses either.
I don’t think anyone will argue that a properly functioning wastegate is something you really need.
I might argue a stuck shut wastegate might be interesting.........for a minute BOOOOMMMMMM

There have been times when turning mine UP I swear for a second my brain thinks HOLY S##T this thing is pulling SO hard there must be something wrong with the waste gate

And 500 purses?? my wifes was $1800$!$!$! and my dogs collar was 800 well 400 apiece and we had a Great Dane so we had to get two to connect together Stupid Louis Vitton

I would agree a proper working waste gate is wanted. But I want to make sure everything else isn't the problem first. I have no problem buying a proper waste gate like a tial wastegate. Just want to make sure everything else is working right first.

Would also like to note that this is my back up bike at the moment. I have a big bore busy that I am finishing up. That my #1 priority right now. So money will be spent on that before buying anything expensive on this bike.

I'm pretty new to this Turbo Busa idea, but if I got some head and cams work done to my Gen 2 could I run a RCC stage 1 setup with no issues? Thanks

u need a goooooood tuner... that's the most important part... do a lot of homework.
My plan is to set up a build & tune with Powerhouse. My goal is to make 250-270 whp for now until I get comfortable with that much power on a bike. Thanks for the advice. Much needed.

Well I warmed the garage up and worked on the bike this weekend. Got the waste gate housing off the turbo. What found was disappointing. No gasket was used. It had high temp silicone used as a gasket. So I would have to assume that would cause a leak? Which could cause my boost creep problem. So I did port the exhaust housing for the waste gate. Going to do a little more tonight and make the hole bigger on the waste gate hosting so that's not a problem. I measure the hole on the turbo and it was .750 of an inch. After I ported it last night it was about 1.25 inches. Well post pics soon.

well the weather was nice last weekend. took the bike out and the boost stayed at 6 psi. so all the bike needed was the exhaust housing ported. pretty happy about that. but the bike needs a tune bad. so trying find someone that can tune thur the ecu.

but iam curious how far I can push the bike. powerwise..... bike has valve springs, thicker head gasket and head studs. plan to run it on c16. would 280 whp be to much? I know people say you can push them just over 300. but those bikes have a thick spacer plate.

Back