Gen 2 rear shock on Gen 1?

Yes. Direct bolt on. I'm running one on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped mine out for a Gen2 because it was really saggy. I could feel ever bump. I put in the Gen2 and its a nice ride now.

Im running one on my 06. The GenII shock is a little longer and has a stiffer spring.

Stiffer spring, a tad heavier on the valving, It is about .080-.100 longer.

I had new springs installed in my forks and they were revalved. They work pretty good together.

I could see it making the front worse with stock forks. The front is under sprung worse than the rear on Gen I bikes.

Stiffer spring, a tad heavier on the valving, It is about .080-.100 longer.

I had new springs installed in my forks and they were revalved. They work pretty good together.

I could see it making the front worse with stock forks. The front is under sprung worse than the rear on Gen I bikes.

I change my front fork springs to 1.1 from race tech suspension. If I change to a gen 2 rear shock do I need to change the spring also or keep it stock? I weight 240lbs.

Sent from my Hayabusa!

If you are running a stock rear 99-07 shock you will see some improvement. The 08 up has about 10% more spring rate in the rear. I'd have to look at some notes at the house, but I think I am running 1.0s on the front. I'm about 235-240

I'm running 1.1 up front. I was 260# when I had that done. I have the suspension set up for track days.

For me it was an improvement over the Gen I shock. I'm sure it is a compromise compared to one tailored for me. There are plenty out there on the cheap. I think I gave $30 shipped and it was a new take-off. A new spring would have been $100+ by itself.

Back