Gen 2: Ran fine, now cranks but won't start

Clearly you are the one who "don't get it". Been here a day and think you can dictate how things are going to work? Think that being a douche will yield a positive outcome? You're funny. Good luck with your search for advice and answers, you're literally biting the hand that would have fed you. If you had taken a few hours and looked around, or used the search function you would have realized that there is not a problem that we haven't collectively dealt with, not a stone we won't turn to help our own. Including your hard start problem which is unlikely to be related to your clutch switch at all.
When you're ready to perform a rectal-cranial inversion and act like you have some sense, I'm sure you will find members willing to assist. With your current attitude, it ain't lookin good for ya, bud....

Hello @6.2Chevy

I'm an @Kiwi Rider "fan boy" he has earned my respect for all the help he has given others on this forum.

He is a full time motorcycle mechanic and I'm sure he has better things to do on his off time than give out advice on how to fix motorcycles...….yet he does...and is passionate about doing it.

I believe you misinterpreted what he was trying to say to you.

Unfortunately we have had several issues over the past while with people coming onto the forum and not listening to the advice they are asking for and spending a pile of money on their bikes and not fixing the issue they were asking about. This has gotten frustrating for many of us so before you judge, understand what is behind it all.

There are several very talented and intelligent people on this forum @Mr Brown is one of those people and there are many more who would astound you with their passion and knowledge of everything motorcycle related.

I was a douche to kiwi because his response to my post was disrespectful. I was a douche to wuzza and sandow because they were fanboys defending the disrespectful response. I will now be a douche to you because you still dont get the point.

This is a public forum, yes public! I did search through it but could not find anything that matched my exact issue. I am using the forum to help save me time, that's kinda the point. I can go through my wiring harness to check continuity, inspect ever injector screen, check compression, and look up resistance specs for every sensor on the bike because I know how and I will eventually find the problem, BUT I'd rather just do what everyone else does in a forum when they have an issue....ask if anyone has experience/knowledge about it. I will say it again, having someone tell me to take to a mechanic IS NOT helpful. Read a situation carefully before you defend someone blindly.
As was already pointed out you obviously took @Kiwi Rider post the wrong way, if u wanna go back and read it he clearly points out that if your issues arose after taking to said cowboy then take it back as would be the sensible thing. As far as him stating it bothers him to see people throw parts at trying to fix it I completely understand that cause that's what us real mechanics call a parts changer not a mechanic which is leading me to think that's probably why you USED to be an ase mechanic and i know quite a few of those and several that are a joke because lots of people can pass a test and still not know anything. You were offered help from some of the most knowledgeable busa FAMILY there is and in turn u wanna not take the time to understand that maybe the way someone on the other side of the world says something and the way you interpret it maybe different. You really set of the family guard dog and a few other very knowledgeable members that could have walked you right thru your fix,if you are to get any help moving on it'll show that a lot of people on here are better then I.

As was already pointed out you obviously took @Kiwi Rider post the wrong way, if u wanna go back and read it he clearly points out that if your issues arose after taking to said cowboy then take it back as would be the sensible thing. As far as him stating it bothers him to see people throw parts at trying to fix it I completely understand that cause that's what us real mechanics call a parts changer not a mechanic which is leading me to think that's probably why you USED to be an ase mechanic and i know quite a few of those and several that are a joke because lots of people can pass a test and still not know anything. You were offered help from some of the most knowledgeable busa FAMILY there is and in turn u wanna not take the time to understand that maybe the way someone on the other side of the world says something and the way you interpret it maybe different. You really set of the family guard dog and a few other very knowledgeable members that could have walked you right thru your fix,if you are to get any help moving on it'll show that a lot of people on here are better then I.

Still not helpful.....neither are the couple of one-liners before this.

I read his disrespectful post correctly and understand clearly that he "thinks" the problem is likely related to whatever they did at the shop(tested the battery, put a paperclip across the clutch switch wires). Regarless of that, I don't trust the shop to diagnose it as something they are at fault for therefore I want to fix it myself hence the whole reason for the initial post.

All you people that keep littering this thread with responses like yours are not not helping, just beating a dead horse. Just stay quiet until you have something technically intelligent to contribute.

I read his disrespectful post correctly and understand clearly that he "thinks" the problem is likely related to whatever they did at the shop(tested the battery, put a paperclip across the clutch switch wires). Regarless of that, I don't trust the shop to diagnose it as something they are at fault for therefore I want to fix it myself hence the whole reason for the initial post.

All you people that keep littering this thread with responses like yours are not not helping, just beating a dead horse. Just stay quiet until you have something technically intelligent to contribute.
There was plenty of intelligent contributions obviously you've got an issue realizing that you were explained the proper way to step up and ask. This isn't ask me.com this is a family in which you made yourself to be the black sheep of so my suggestion is start going thru your "ase" tests and diagnosing yourself or start using the search function because your getting help isn't looking real good. Don't believe that someone that couldn't diagnose a bad clutch switch and replace it long before having issues that caused them to take it has much of a chance but ive seem strange things so who knows. But just to not clutter up your thread I'll throw in there that I think your having a fuel issue and your bike not starting :D :D :D

My friends we will see some come along , and have no clue what goes on here . It is a different forum than most that exist . So that being said Bill , Shaun , Greg , Jeremy , and my one liner self should remember they do not know just how tight we are .

I'll step up , and mention the Clutch switch alters the ECU by 1000 rpms on gen 2 on Normally open ( N/O )
, and Normally closed ( N/C ) this affects the IAC idle air control that can make hard start , rough idle , and dying at a stop light or coasting while idling . I had to repair ( replace ) on my brothers 2015 Gen 2 that was damaged by aftermarket ASV ( real ones ) lever . One was machined incorrectly , and replaced by ASV .

Now maybe everyone can cool down for a day ;)

Last edited:

I'm kinda hoping you can't get it fixed now. :moon: BTW: I not trying to help you, I'm beating the horse.

After reading all the posts, I have one thing to say to all my friends here . .
Thanks.
To the OP, you talk about disrespect, take a look at the man in the mirror.

If I offended you, it was never intended that way.
Please take a moment to think this whole thing through.
@c10 has given you the answer I believe.
Listen to what he has told you . . the Force is strong with this one.

After reading all the posts, I have one thing to say to all my friends here . .
Thanks.
To the OP, you talk about disrespect, take a look at the man in the mirror.

If I offended you, it was never intended that way.
Please take a moment to think this whole thing through.
@c10 has given you the answer I believe.
Listen to what he has told you . . the Force is strong with this one.
I'm a Kiwi fanboy too.......except when it comes to Rugby:D:D

It was a good Game, I am an All Black fan if my own team is not playing, I think we will now have a public holiday :D
Must be some celebrations going on over in your country I reckon!
Congrats to you guys, I loved the media pics of your boys with the cup!
Well deserved. :thumbsup:
Now. . . Back to bikes . .

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Back