Gen 2 motor Build

09busaboi

Registered
Thanks for those who have answered my questions regarding my build. Motor has been pulled and shipped off to builder!!!

Decided to go with a 1441 build with CNC head work and cams. Any guesses on how much power she will make????

no worries but what do you think about 425 415 cams on a 1441 street bike

Bad idea... hard on the valve train. Valve will mushroom from the heavy springs andhigh demands of street riding. I would do 415/395 max with 395/385 being ideal. HP depends on alot of factors. How crazy are you going with the head, compression and cam choice. I would say 212-220hp for a nicely done streetable combo. 240-250hp for a take no prisoner setup:beerchug:..

i havent been here in a while... hows everyone:happy:

I'm starting to think I should upgrade my fuel pump. I have been told I should be fine but I know turbo guys at 230hp upgrade the fuel pump. What do you guys think?

yea, one of the vendors here (i think it's the TTS guy) has a bad ass bosch drop in replacement. frankly, if you don't mind tearing your head down and possibly replacing springs and valves every winter, go with the monster cams, otherwise it's probably a better idea to stay with a slightly more mild setup.

Hi Guys.
What is the part number or model of the bosch fuel pump and did you know the specs of the pump?
Thanks

You will need a regulator also, and as for the rods, if your not going turbo, or huge spray, the stock rods are good for up to 300 HP!
Thanks guys ordered the bosch pump. debating on upgrading rods, although I keep hearing its not needed

biger intank pump uses stock fuel presure regulator.

external pump uses a external regulator and a fuel return line. have to gut the stock pump. drill the bottom of the sump and install a bulk head fitting for the supply and use the stock fuel outlet for the return. or put a fuel pump block off plate on the bottom of the tank with supply and return fittings.

did you end up getting rods put in it?

Yea I ended up doing all stainless valves with Carrillo rods. didn't want to take any chances new rod and main bearings etc.
So I should be fine with my aftermarket bosch in tank pump?

Right on. should be good to go.
Your pump is the exact same thing I am runing. I have a 1441 with every thing done and a 100hp dry shot with a mps spider nitrous. changeing it to like the htp dry nitrous setup now. as long as it is all tuned correctly with ecu editor that pump is all you need. Johny cheese from what I have heard should be able to take care of you.

Yea just found out that my tranny gears are looking a little worn. So i guess I can add that to the list of unexpected repair items. oh well glad to have found about it now while the motor is apart. I bought the gsxr1300 spray bar kit. but only plan to spray a 40 shot. I cant imagine what a 100 shot would feel like :)

that sucks. I put billit shift shafts in mine at the begining of last year when I built the engine. It shifts good NA at 45 mill kill time in EE, but I have to bump the kill time up to 65mill for it to shift with the nitrous. It kind of sucks having the extra kill time all the time for just when I run the nitrous. i was thinking of taking it apart at the end of this year and maybee get the tranny cut.
It feels good on 100hp shot. :laugh: When I first got it I had the bottle in for the air shifter. Nitrous wasn't hooked up. Every one was saying that I was runing nitrous. I was like no. I am only useing it for the air shifter. You will know when I use the nitrous. :rofl: so the next weekend I came out with the bottle out and used the air tank in the arm.
The nitrous is on all the time and I use it for the air shifter. I don't use the nitrous very much though. I run NA most of the time. I hate it when I am in the staging lanes and hear people say "look. he is runing nitrous" when I am not. One time I heard a few people in the stands talking about my bike and saying it is faster then the other busas because I am runing nitrous. I hadn't used it all day. So I figured if they think I am runing nitrous I guess I will turn it on for one run and they will wonder wtf is going on. :laugh:
The nitrous drops off about 0.6 seconds and picks up about 20mph. I don't use the nitrous much because it is mainly just a e.t. bike. I just use the nitrous for a backup plan B incase I screw up a launch. Turn it on once in ahwile for the hell of it to have fun and braging rights. With the 100hp shot I am sure it is a little hard on the motor so I don't run it all the time. I have thought of backing it down to a 60-70hp shot and useing it more often. then maybee go back to the the 100hp a few times a year for braging rights.

Hey Badass1000 Just curious, but are you picking up .6 in the 1/8 or 1/4? I'm headed in your direction and just wondering what to actually expect. Thanks

.6 in the 1/4. I had 4-26 jets last year. I put 4-24 jets in it. see how that works with the bigger 425/425 cams. I havn't used the nitrous yet. maybee this weekend. it is a e.t. race. If I go out and they have a tnt I would like to use it once. I just want to get out and see what it runs NA.
I also just put a factory pro shift kit in it. see if it shifts a little better and if I can drop the kill time a little.

Back