gen 2 lowering issues "need advice"

DANGER10R

Registered
This is the scenario,just put a macintosh swingarm on my 09 with brocks fully adjustable window links,you have no adjustment with these because all the way tightened in the tailight is damn near sitting on the tire WTF??Im gonna put my bike at 64"" and tighten my shock up some but im starting to think i should of just got the three hole no adjustment links cuz if i adjust these any my tailight will be resting on my tire.Anybody sitting at 64" have any remedies for not scraping chime in????IM 205 pounds and am wondering if i tighten everything up on my shock is it still gonna rub??

did you go to the straight suspension link? dunno how long 64 is, but im 6 over, and 1.5 down in the rear, its rideable but rubs, no shock mods yet.

ok your problem is this

thy offer two diff sets of lowering links, something like 3" and lower and then one that is close to stock and then you lower

i would have to guess you got the 3" drop and lower so even fully closed you are still sitting 3" lowe witch is low

you can see about returning them and getting the other set 0-3? i think any how look in to that

i have a ex swing arm with soupys ajustabel lowering links and i have no problem
im sitting about 1 in low in back and stock up front

any how look into the links you bought !

post some pics

DSCF0700.jpg

The Brock's adjustable links at the highest setting is like being in the second hole on the 3hole lowering links. I am sittint at 63" and rubs if I ride 2up, tighten the shock up and it should help a little bit.

im sitting at 65" and lowered in rear 2 maybe 2 1/2" . the front of course is slammed. you won't be able to ride to up but you can adjust your shock so it doesn't rub. im 200lbs and mine doesnt rub. the shock has abt 10mm of adjustability. i've got mine aprox. right in the middle at abt 5mm with the compression and rebound both set to the stiffest setting. it still rides good in the rear just a little more stiff (which i like). also you will find that as you adjust the shock it will raise the rear slightly........ which for me means not being able to touch both my feet on the ground :rofl:

2010-04-25%2014_25_40.jpg

2010-04-25%2014_26_01.jpg

im sitting at 65" and lowered in rear 2 maybe 2 1/2" . the front of course is slammed. you won't be able to ride to up but you can adjust your shock so it doesn't rub. im 200lbs and mine doesnt rub. the shock has abt 10mm of adjustability. i've got mine aprox. right in the middle at abt 5mm with the compression and rebound both set to the stiffest setting. it still rides good in the rear just a little more stiff (which i like). also you will find that as you adjust the shock it will raise the rear slightly........ which for me means not being able to touch both my feet on the ground :rofl:

so what you are saying is you like it LONG LOW AND STIFF IN THE REAR ?:laugh:

got it !

i say get soupys!

and im still shocked that you all are slamming the front and that your not worried about the lowe tripple not contacting ?

Last edited:
Back