Gen 2 - Gen 1 parts interchangability

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a platinum blonde wigs and it is perfect.

True story! :beerchug:

Yes they will. As far as the harness for a gen II tank needing changes in the wiring, I will look at service manuals tonight and put a post as to what needs changed. I have a ding in my tank and would rather go with a newer year gen 2 so chances of rust would be less. I know I could treat inside but I just have this thing since I had a cbr1k that had a rusty tank and it constantly dicked with the carbs.

Question what about switch housing? I want to buy all chrome for my Busa but apparently the chrome switch housing for 08+ is so cheaper that the 97-07 can someone help me out if all years use same housing?

The gen1 midpipe bolt pattern where the muffler bolts on is the mirror image of the gen2 midpipe. BOLT ONS, not slip ons, as slipons come with there own midpipe(alot of slipons will interchange with little to no modification too).
So gen1 bolt ons will bolt to a gen2 if you switch the sides of the mufflers; and they must have sliding mufler hangers(as most aftermarket mufflers do). Stockers won't directly swap because the muffler mount hole is fixed, and the gen2 is a couple inches further up the muffler than the gen1.

Gen1 and gen2 oilpans are also shaped differently(bolt pattern is the same).
Gen1 and 2 header tubes will fit either gens head, but depending on the header brand you may or may not have oil pan clearance issues with the bend under the pans.

Handlebars interchange, and Heli-bars interchange, but you will need to drill new switch housing locator pin holes. As the switch housing spacing and orientation is slightly different between the gens.

Mirrors also interchange, as well as with gsxr1000 mirrors from 01 up.
The 600/750 mirrors from 02 up are also the same.

Frames are the same, with one exception. The gen2 has one extra hole on each top side near the front of the gas tank. The holes are for a plastic pin that helps secure the gen2 fairings

Aftermarket rearsets will fit either gen.

what about using a gen 1 speedometer with a gen 2 harness

Gen 2 frame and engine to a gen 1 frame with stock exhaust. you have to cut the 3 brackets off the bottom rear of the frame to clear the exhaust . drill and tap 2 holes for the rear stock exhaust mount space it down with 2 washers each side. drill and tap 2 holes in the front cross member for the pair valve bracket. drill and tap the rear middle bolt for the left side rear set M8.125. Add washers to the left side of the 4 engine mounts .one hundred nighty thousands to move the engine to the right to provide space for the chain to clear the frame. the gen 2 output shaft is longer then the gen 1. The gen 2 voltage regulator will have to be mounted in a different location there is a relocation bracket for this. 99-00 use taper neck bearings. the newer models use ball bearings. the newer style races will fit the older necks.

Anyone tell me if a 99-07 Busa Yoshi 4:2:1 exhaust will bolt onto 2011 Busa? It's such a good price I can't imagine there is much of a difference?

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if I can put Gen 2 Transmission Gears in my Gen 1. And is the Gen 2 Head a direct bolt on or is there anything that I'd have to change? Any help would be awesome.

Back