gen 2 front calipers on gen 1 ????

bikerboy2182

Registered
anyone know or can take measurments off a gen 2 ? i see new takeoffs of gen 2 calipers and wonder if it would be an upgrade and worth doing. or do u think the gen 1 calipers are any better??

To put gen 2 calipers on your gen 1 you will have to change out the fork assemblies I believe. The calipers are not a direct swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To put gen 2 calipers on your gen 1 you will have to change out the fork assemblies I believe. The calipers are not a direct swap.
Correct, you do not interchange and you would need the complete gen2 forks also. Which I think would require a gen2 front wheel/rotors too. I'm unsure of the rotor to caliper alignment if you used different wheel spacers to fit a gen1 wheel on a gen2 bike.
Gen2 brakes are deffinately better though.
A set of EBC HH extreme pro pads will make a big difference in stopping power on either gen also, cheapest and best brake upgrade you can do. Stainless steel brake lines are a big improvement in brake feel too.
Just something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, they do not interchange and you would need the complete gen2 forks also. Which I think would require a gen2 front wheel/rotors too. I'm unsure of the rotor to caliper alignment if you used different wheel spacers to fit a gen1 wheel on a gen2 bike.
Gen2 brakes are deffinately better though.
A set of EBC HH extreme pro pads will make a big difference in stopping power on either gen also, cheapest and best brake upgrade you can do. Stainless steel brake lines are a big improvement in brake feel too.
Just something to consider.

You could do what I've just done, get secondhand brembo 4 pots and conversion brackets and add EBC HH pads. Cost me about £300 in all. Depends if you wanted radial calipers or not but this is a great upgrade for the same price as changing front discs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316245062.307962.jpg

i have wave rotors and braided lines. this winter i will just get some HH pads and try it out. the cheap pads on now dont do very well

Back