Gen 2 Fork Oil level with Raceteck internals Question

Gum

Registered
Gday, Im new on here. I have fitted the Gold Valves and the Raceteck Springs to my 08 Busa. Now I have assembled the cartridges on the bench for ease, to find that now I cant get the oil level correct. Assembly on the cartridges in the forks after I the oil level is not an option as I do not have the special tools. My question is, can I get around this with a precise amount of oil in each leg. Im sure im not the first to have this issue. The forks are very hard work when compared to Ohlins internals I must say. I really dont want to send them off to the professionals if I cant them at 99 % perfect. Thanks for any imput in advance.

Gum

"Assembly on the cartridges in the forks after I the oil level is not an option as I do not have the special tools. My question is, can I get around this with a precise amount of oil in each leg."

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but on stock springs I used a whole bottle (473ml) in each leg then used a syringe to add the extra 59ml needed for correct fill of 532ml.

Well you set the oil level without the spring. Seeing I have assembled the unit or cartridge on the bench, then fitted it in the fork I cant do this. So I guess I will just fill with and an amount of oil rather that a level or height. My Question is, is this ok, thanks Gum

Well you set the oil level without the spring. Seeing I have assembled the unit or cartridge on the bench, then fitted it in the fork I cant do this. So I guess I will just fill with and an amount of oil rather that a level or height. My Question is, is this ok, thanks Gum
You'll have to compress the spring several times once it's in to fill the cartridge with oil then, and to let the air bubbles come to the surface.
It should be ok as long as you do that(assuming I understand you correctly), as removing the cartridge and spring assembled is the quick way to replace fork seals.
Here's the service manual, it may help you out:beerchug:
Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

What is your weight, what springs did you use, also what valving shim stack did you install?

Im 92 kgs naked, fitted the 1.0 springs and the recommended valve stack from from Raceteck, thanks Gum [ G2 gold valves ]

Back