Gen 2 fitted with quickshifter now fi light is on

Daniel Johnston

Registered
Hi everyone im new to this fourm as i have recently brought my first hayabusa :laugh: i decided to treat it to a power commander 5 and then a dynojet quickshifter with use of the expansion module.everything was fine after the first 2o minutes of quickshifting but on my way home i had the FI check light illuminate then when i pulled up at home switched the bike off it erased and has not come back on since.Does the ecm store codes ? even though its not on now its bugging me as i like things to be right it must have been a cry for help from something or other .Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Dan

just to ad im currently running a lambda eliminator and a custom map on the pcv

That was happening to me....What I found in my case was: The way I had the pcv wire snaked to the back of the bike, there was one 90 degree bend in the wire. It must have been bent too sharp so the pcv wasn't getting the proper strength of signal OR Something. It was happening quite frequently and it took a while to figure it out. I re-routed the line and took that bend out and it hasn't happened since. This was on my 09'.. Just thought I'd throw that out there....By The Way...:welcome: To The ORG!

That was happening to me....What I found in my case was: The way I had the pcv wire snaked to the back of the bike, there was one 90 degree bend in the wire. It must have been bent too sharp so the pcv wasn't getting the proper strength of signal OR Something. It was happening quite frequently and it took a while to figure it out. I re-routed the line and took that bend out and it hasn't happened since. This was on my 09'.. Just thought I'd throw that out there....By The Way...:welcome: To The ORG!

Thanks mate which wire? The wires which go to the injectors? I noticed one of them had a kink in it?

:welcome: to the org. I would not worry about it much unless it happens again.

Thankyou it's my pleasure, if anyone has any problems with the power commander and expansion module I can gladly help them out iv just about faced every issue over the last few days an got to the bottom of them all its happy days now just hoping this light don't come on again

Back