Gen 2 fairings going on gen 1 busa

Is anyone using aftermarket fairings and OEM fairings together?. If so post pics please. I have OEM tank/side cover fairings, but I have after market nose, and tail, and front fender. And OEM dash panel plastics and aftermarket. I’m getting them painted . But I do have a OEM tail that’s good , it’s just that the aftermarket one was already painted in the color I want and I have OEM nose it’s just cracked under the bottom a little bit . I was just curious on how the OEM/after stuff I have getting painted would mount up

You get pie

Your title says Gen 2 fairings on a Gen 1. That is a much bigger fitment problem than OEM vs Aftermarket. What exactly is Gen 1 and what is Gen 2? We want to help but you need to take your time posting and give us enough information to answer your questions. Pictures always help too.
Oh yeah man most definitely. I’m doing a full gen 2 body style conversion on my gen 1 99 busa. Nose after market , and I also have OEM nose but it’s crack under the bottom a little bit. , side fairings/tank OEM , and tail aftermarket .. I have gen 2 OEM tail too. Gen 2 pegs front and rear , upper stay bracket gen 2 . I’ll try to post pics

And grips and levers. But I talk to my boy Keith, he said he had no trouble with fitting. Matching OEM and aftermarket fairings on gen 1 busa. He did a full gen 2 conversion, gen 2 motor and all. He said Tail oem front aftermarket I have matched oem and aftermarket and they mounted just fine. He told me I’m good. , this black busa is his bike. With the OEM and aftermarket fairings on it.

AE580E79-1AB4-459A-8870-7620B1587F0A.jpeg

38A1F1BB-D8C1-4E16-A5E7-085A31FC3F80.jpeg

54818C39-AC7F-48D5-9AAF-E9781EA7A93B.jpeg

Thanks bro will do! I already have a gen 2 radiator on there. But question do you or anyone else know exactly what I need to make my gen 2 busa rims work? I already have a gen 2 vortex sprocket..
You got me on that one. I sort of thought they were bolt ups. I have a Gen 2, not much experience with gen I except what people talk about here. Have you tried them?

You got me on that one. I sort of thought they were bolt ups. I have a Gen 2, not much experience with gen I except what people talk about here. Have you tried them?
Ohhh okay gotcha. Well I have gen 2 forks, tripe tree and the axle and the gen 2 caliper . For the rear I was told I need the sprocket, rotor which I already have those. Also said I need the rear cush hub drive, axle, and rear caliper. Just wanted to make sure.

Ohhh okay gotcha. Well I have gen 2 forks, tripe tree and the axle and the gen 2 caliper . For the rear I was told I need the sprocket, rotor which I already have those. Also said I need the rear cush hub drive, axle, and rear caliper. Just wanted to make sure.
Now that you mention it the rear brake is different on the gen 2
there is a brake mount with a stay that slips into a slot in the swingarm. I believe the gen 1 has an arm holding the brake.

test fit before paint, to be sure all seams fit perfectly.
Lol bro I’m kinda stuck like chuck. Their already getting painted. But the same bike I have now, my uncle did a gen 2 conversion on it back in 2008 . He said he had everyone fooled. He told me all the parts to get required to make sure everything works and fits.

This is my 99 busa, my uncle did the gen 2 conversion. That’s my bike in this picture and my uncle and his daughter riding it . Back when he owned it .

Back