Gen 2 coolant overflow on gen 1...

02BusaAndy

Registered
I cut my fairings on my 07' turbo busa to have the 3/4 look and really dislike the way thie overflow just hangs out, I was wondering if anyone on here was running the busa gen 2 coolant overflow on their gen 1. I don't have the air ducts anymore so I should have sufficient room, or does anyone make a custom overflow the actually looks good..

What don't you just paint it with a suitable color scheme of your choice? Would be a small fun project.

What don't you just paint it with a suitable color scheme of your choice? Would be a small fun project.

Agreed ^^^

Can the OP post pictures of his Cut fairings?
If he doesn't like that idea then MAYBE we could come up with something else if we can see what his fairings look like.

I can get a picture of the cut fairings later today, I only have a picture of the clutch side and not the overflow side. I did think about running a gen 2 rad but was wondering why I just couldn't fab up a bracket to mount the gen 2 overflow, don't really want to paint it cause I would still like to see the level.

Try to get pictures of both sides and then a close-up of the area that you are thinking about mounting
the Gen 2 overflow.

Do you have a Gen 2 overflow in your possession now?
Without seeing pictures I can't tell for sure, but I would be inclined to think that
where there is a will, there is a way, to do what you want.

If you don't have a Gen 2 overflow yet, then I might also start looking at other bikes (maybe at a dealer?) and see if
a smaller overflow tank might work. If you have never had any problems with over heating I would think you can
get away with a smaller tank as I have never noticed my overflow tank level change at all. JMHO.

That is also a good idea, I never thought about getting a smaller one from a different bike. I don't have the gen 2 overflow but for $20 on eBay, I was just going to order it. I am stage 1 turbocharged and never noticed mine change either, I couldn't imagine it moving much if it did at all. I'll get pictures tomorrow as I got tied up at work late today. I know the gen 2 rad has dual fans on it as I only have enough room to run one on the throttle side because of the turbo setup, I def know I don't want to paint it because it is just that ugly regardless, lol.

Back