Gen 2 BusaRest now available!!

KvHotDog4

Registered
This is a custom backrest/sissy bar that will fit any 2008 and up Hayabusa. To mount it all you do is remove your grab bar, take the rubber cushion and spacers out of the grab bar, put them in this backrest and install on the bike in the same location as the grab bar. About 5 - 10 minutes to install.

I make these BusaRest back rest out of steel and weigh approximately 12 lbs. They are machined, pressed, drilled, bent, welded and formed for a perfect fit. Everyone I build is test fitted on the bike shown in the pictures. Then i have them powder coated to what ever color you wish
$(KGrHqF,!okE8(53tk6qBPL1oQHbB!~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!nwE8(R+nlC8BPL1pQm58!~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqN,!lsE8FS2(o7-BPL1ogoBL!~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqR,!ogE8VZ780+PBPL1o)VtWw~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqF,!osE8Vffrj3DBPL1q!lHlw~~60_12.jpg$(KGrHqN,!o8E8VmfOcUFBPL1qJ0eeQ~~60_12.jpg

The price for the Gen 2 model is $250 with free shipping to the US. I will sell internationally, however I cannot give free shipping for this, I will give a discount.

I still have the Gen 1 models available their price is $225 with free shipping. International shipping rates still apply at a discount.
$(KGrHqEOKi8E4t,RWtr(BOPL3,7-jg~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqUOKpoE4m4uMvbzBOPL3KQcYQ~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqYOKiwE4srLDShfBOPL24hbqg~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqMOKnIE4N0ijLCgBOPL3w6+T!~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqYOKkIE4hZTFGkQBOPL4RTHyw~~0_12.jpg
$(KGrHqYOKpcE4vZ!uLtQBOPL4wMCL!~~0_12.jpg

This is a must have mod for anyone who plans to have a passenger not only will this give relief to the passenger, but it also allows the passenger to set a little further back which gives the driver more room to move around. It also helps to secure the passenger on the bike for any of those hard take offs that these powerful machines are capable of. If you have kids that are always wanting to ride but you don't feel comfortable letting them because they could slide off the back, this is a great solution to that problem and will also give you more quality time with your children.

I can set up payments through Paypal if you are interested in going that route. I can be flexible just PM me an offer if you are interested.

Please PM me with any and all questions or concerns you may have and I will gladly respond. Thank you for your interest in my product!

I am also selling these on Ebay if you would like your money to be protected through them then you can go to my auction and purchase them there, however the org price is only for the org. Ebay fees are killer.
Gen 1
99-07 SUZUKI HAYABUSA SEAT BACKREST / SISSY BAR RACK | eBay

Gen 2
08 09 10 11 12 GEN 2 SUZUKI HAYABUSA SEAT BACKREST / SISSY BAR RACK | eBay

I ship Monday - Thursday. Your shipping time will vary on the color you choose. Usually takes 2 days to powder coat if the color is in stock, if I have to order the powder then it could take up to a week. I try to keep a large variety of colors, but if you need it fast e-mail me and check the stock on the color you wish to have.

I will ship worldwide but the free shipping is only to the United States. I will give a discount to International buyers, however e-mail me before purchasing to get a shipping quote.

I have asked Captain about selling these on his website, I am not a business and I am not trying to get rich off of selling these. I am a fellow Busa rider who is just trying to give back to this site that has given me so much information.

$(KGrHqF,!okE8(53tk6qBPL1oQHbB!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!nwE8(R+nlC8BPL1pQm58!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!lsE8FS2(o7-BPL1ogoBL!~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!ogE8VZ780+PBPL1o)VtWw~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!osE8Vffrj3DBPL1q!lHlw~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!o8E8VmfOcUFBPL1qJ0eeQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKi8E4t,RWtr(BOPL3,7-jg~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqUOKpoE4m4uMvbzBOPL3KQcYQ~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKiwE4srLDShfBOPL24hbqg~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKnIE4N0ijLCgBOPL3w6+T!~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKkIE4hZTFGkQBOPL4RTHyw~~0_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKpcE4vZ!uLtQBOPL4wMCL!~~0_12.jpg

The Gen I I bought from Kevin is well-made and works exactly as advertised. I bought it primarily as an attachment point for more gear on longer trips, and as a means of keeping my 8-year-old from paying too much for any potential lapses in attention. Nothing but pleased with and appreciative for the availability of the product. Shipping was quick.

The Gen I I bought from Kevin is well-made and works exactly as advertised. I bought it primarily as an attachment point for more gear on longer trips, and as a means of keeping my 8-year-old from paying too much for any potential lapses in attention. Nothing but pleased with and appreciative for the availability of the product. Shipping was quick.

Thank you for the reply and I am glad you are enjoying it. Here's to many more safe miles :beerchug:

That's a good deal! $100 org discount:thumbsup: I will show it to the wife tonight!!

Nice work! You have these ready to ship or make on demand?

Of the Gen 2 I have one already powder coated gloss black and I have 2 ready to be powder coated and I have 1 Gen 1 ready to be powder coated. I am working on more but I am only able only build them on Fridays.

Looks like your unit will get the job done.

At first glance my thought was "There are no hooks or eyes to attach cargo via bungie cords"?

Something you may want to consider to make your product more desireable?

Looks like your unit will get the job done.

At first glance my thought was "There are no hooks or eyes to attach cargo via bungie cords"?

Something you may want to consider to make your product more desireable?

The rack is made out of 1/2" round stock. I hook my nets and bungie cords directly to the rack. It is very secure and I have never had anything slip or slide off

This rest looks great and I would like to buy one except for one thing. It may be that I can't see all of the parts very well in these pics or is the backrest itself only held on by a few tacks? I believe that the backrest would need to be the strongest point on this thing and I wouldn't want my wife leaning much on just a few tack welds. If I'm wrong could you post some different pics of how it is mounted and I may buy one. Sorry. But as I'm a welder/ fabricator by trade, I tend to scrutinize everything I see

This rest looks great and I would like to buy one except for one thing. It may be that I can't see all of the parts very well in these pics or is the backrest itself only held on by a few tacks? I believe that the backrest would need to be the strongest point on this thing and I wouldn't want my wife leaning much on just a few tack welds. If I'm wrong could you post some different pics of how it is mounted and I may buy one. Sorry. But as I'm a welder/ fabricator by trade, I tend to scrutinize everything I see

Mine is pretty solid, and I have no concerns about tying way too much luggage to it. Unless something has gone terribly wrong and she's holding on to the backrest exclusively, I don't see how it wouldn't support her just fine. These things are built like tanks. My $0.02 as a happy customer, but Kevin should be able to address the technicals since he builds them.

Thank you for your concern and honesty in your statements. The rack has 4 points where it is welded, 2 on each bracket, each weld is welded on all 4 sides. I set the welder hot and I weld it slow so I get the best penetration all the way around. The cushion is held on by 2 bars that are welded to the rack in the same way, each weld is welded on all 4 sides, welded hot and slow for better penetration. I put every backrest through the same strength test. I have attached close up pictures of all the welds for the gen 1 model and also pictures of the mounting bracket for the gen 2.

Bracket mounting to the luggage rack
View attachment 239565

Mounting points for the cushion
View attachment 239566
View attachment 239567
View attachment 239570
View attachment 239571

Gen 2 bracket that mounts to the bike, welded to the support brace for the rack.
View attachment 239568
View attachment 239569

Here is a video showing the strength test I put all my backrest through and the mounting mounting procedure.

Hayabusa Backrest Strength.3gp - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;ca_qS6UWzS4]http://youtu.be/ca_qS6UWzS4[/video]

Hayabusa Backrest Mounting and strength.3gp - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;EDyQo8ULipQ]http://youtu.be/EDyQo8ULipQ[/video]

Back