Gen 2 busa stock gearing question

sixpack577
the question is
a stock Busa 170-175 horsepower in the wheel, he can go to 6 gear at 11000 rpm, with 41 teeth rear sprocket?

Only with a small and light rider I would think.
OutlawBusa went 201 or 202mph, unrestricted with a 41t, and full Brocks and dynotune years back.
I agree though, hard to do.
Whenever I post top speed numbers, I usually(and should always) point out that is what the bike is capable of, not nesacerily what it will actually do.
Rider size, weight, weather, temp, humidity, wind, etc all play a huge roll in top speed.
Even mirrors slow you down.
:beerchug:

Only with a small and light rider I would think.
OutlawBusa went 201 or 202mph, unrestricted with a 41t, and full Brocks and dynotune years back.
I agree though, hard to do.
Whenever I post top speed numbers, I usually(and should always) point out that is what the bike is capable of, not nesacerily what it will actually do.
Rider size, weight, weather, temp, humidity, wind, etc all play a huge roll in top speed.
Even mirrors slow you down.
:beerchug:

I think at least 180 horses need with 41 rear sprocket, to be able to go on 11.000 rpms, without being sure.
And a long enough distance to do it. Let us know who knows it

I think at least 180 horses need with 41 rear sprocket, to be able to go on 11.000 rpms, without being sure.
And a long enough distance to do it. Let us know who knows it

There is no set hp number, as the rider's size and weight play a huge roll in top speed.
200mph Can be done in a standing mile too, however a mile and a half or more gives you a far better chance.
Not including another mile to stop.
You could stop in less distance, but better safe than sorry. A football field per second is haulin azz.

And for the record, I gps'd 197mph on my gen2, and in over a mile.
I put dirtbike bars on before trying for 200mph, and never got around to switching them back to stock to try it.
I think it had it in it though.

Back