gen 2 busa front end swap

andy.jc

Registered
hi all
i have a gen 1 busa and want to put a gen 2 busa forks, wheels calipers on etc its a straight swap or can any one tell me what mods i need to do

many thanks

you need the gen2 lower tree to fit the tubes. if you don't have a gen 2 dampener you will have to drill the hole out on the lower tree to fit the gen1 dampener stud. also if you have all the gen2 hardware the dust cap from the gen2 don't fit on a gen1 frame. Otherwise its no big deal.
hi all
i have a gen 1 busa and want to put a gen 2 busa forks, wheels calipers on etc its a straight swap or can any one tell me what mods i need to do

many thanks

heres a pic of a gen1 I threw together and put gen2 forks,wheels and swingarm on.

IMG_0723.jpg

i found a complete front forks,tree yokes what did mean buy dust cap will all this bolt straight in or is there any other mods i need do on gen 1 to fit the gen front end

With the exception of the steering dampener it will bolt right up. Dust cap,,, sets on top of the frame underneath the top tree,, has the round nuts on top of it with the notches in it.
i found a complete front forks,tree yokes what did mean buy dust cap will all this bolt straight in or is there any other mods i need do on gen 1 to fit the gen front end

yes got you know did not realize that black cap was called dust cap the one i have seen comes complete with top bottom yoke and is off 2009 comes with steering damper.
how do you overcome being able to tighten it up

thanks

I changed my Gen I to a Gen II front end. If you want completely bolt on you will need the lower tree, steering damper, forks, fender, brake discs, calipers, bolts, axle, axle spacers and rim. There is a thread on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

IMG_0023.jpg

that is exactly what i plan to do change all the tree yokes with damper and forks wheel brakes etc that the plan as seen a set for sale off 2009 / 2010 i was looking at wanted to put on yours looks ace :)

Lol sounds abt like a repeat of what i said!! You should put the gen2 stuff on the rear to complete the look!!
I changed my Gen I to a Gen II front end. If you want completely bolt on you will need the lower tree, steering damper, forks, fender, brake discs, calipers, bolts, axle, axle spacers and rim. There is a thread on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

that the next plan but bit messing there as i got a stretched spondon box arm so prob will but got play with spacers etc for wheel alignment

That's a good lookin Gen 1 you have there :beerchug:

Necro revival for my attempt. Is the angle of the front end of the gen 1 the same as the gen 2? Reason I am asking, clearance issues with intercooler/radiator and turbo header/fans. I need that front tire as far away as I can. If the angle is different and less of an angle meaning the tire is closer to the radiator, then this is a bad idea.

I already went to a low profile front tire to see if I can get more space. Was going to do a gen II wheel with rotors and brakes off the bay (and damper).

Back