Gen 2 backreat

Quiksilver

Registered
Im looking for backrests for my gen 2. Corbin seems to be the go to for backests. Im looking at colors and they recommend carbin fiber and asphault. Anyone have this combination? Im thinking black leather or asphault on sides and red carbon fiber up top or red leather.

I dunno Quik. For me,I wouldn't stray too far from a backrest that doesn't match the seats you have.If you have carbon,asphalt,and leather then go for it.If that backrest is gonna stand out...IDK. I'm old-skool and seats on a bike should match. But whatever yer into. I am not cool or hip enuff to rock mis-matched seats.

Rubb.

After talking with the wife, I think black will be the best bet. I didnt think about the mismatched seats, the bike has a ton of red as it is. Now im looking into the grabber material for the seat and backrest and classic leather or black vinyl for a cleaner look. Im in the air for the front seat, whether it be a cut seat or not. I can deal with the factory seat for but the ms cant deal without a backrest. We are supposed to be taking a ride to Mississippi and most miles will be highway and the added support will help her a great deal.

After talking with the wife, I think black will be the best bet. I didnt think about the mismatched seats, the bike has a ton of red as it is. Now im looking into the grabber material for the seat and backrest and classic leather or black vinyl for a cleaner look. Im in the air for the front seat, whether it be a cut seat or not. I can deal with the factory seat for but the ms cant deal without a backrest. We are supposed to be taking a ride to Mississippi and most miles will be highway and the added support will help her a great deal.
lee at New Image seats does awesome work. He can design you up just about anything. He's done a few for me. I've got a pillion coming with red kanji and race hump to match my front seat.You missed out on the 3 sets of Corbins/w backrests I sold cheap or gave away over the years.Too hard for me. My bike is black with red kanji's. pics below.
Rubb.
Make your own that’s what I did. If I had a welder it would look great for less than $20

View attachment 1621426
Way cool Matt.
Rubb.

lee at New Image seats does awesome work. He can design you up just about anything. He's done a few for me. I've got a pillion coming with red kanji and race hump to match my front seat.You missed out on the 3 sets of Corbins/w backrests I sold cheap or gave away over the years.Too hard for me. My bike is black with red kanji's. pics below.
Rubb.

Way cool Matt.
Rubb.
View attachment 1621427

View attachment 1621428

View attachment 1621429
Im always a day late...came to the 2nd gen Lte in the game. Very nice seats! This is the type of seat i think looks best. How do you like the seat?

Im always a day late...came to the 2nd gen Lte in the game. Very nice seats! This is the type of seat i think looks best. How do you like the seat?
They rock.Stock pan,Lee chooses great foam and cover,the hump in the seat stops you from sliding back and hitting the hump on those "spirited" take off's. :D
Highly recomend them. had the on a few Busa's.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

This was my original thought after seeing a post with a ventura rack/backrest. Care to elaborate on the construction? Any links for parts? Id rather not spend 600 on a seat that would rarely be used.
So I bout a $20 eBay back rest. And when I bought my harbor freight lift. The front wheel stop I trimmed it and just put 3 bolts on it

They rock.Stock pan,Lee chooses great foam and cover,the hump in the seat stops you from sliding back and hitting the hump on those "spirited" take off's. :D
Highly recomend them. had the on a few Busa's.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

Sounds sweet, thanks for all the input rubb! Ive seen some pretty sweet cut seats and would like to go that route, but thats for a later date. I will try to fab up a backrest when i het home in two weeks. One of the down falls about working away from home, gotta wait for weeks at a time.

Any idea on the thickness for the steel plate? Any flex with the backrest? Im thinking 1/4in flat bar will work.
You may want to go this route Quik,being as you have time on your hands before returning home. Time to draw up some plans.You could do a ruff draft,then finish with exact dimensions upon your return.
Advantages to this design:
Don't have to butcher yer pillion seat.Good for when you don't want a backrest.
The extra cargo space for the wife.Bag with extra shoes,curling iron,etc while traveling.:laugh:
Detaches in 2 minutes.Just need longer bolts for the existing holes under the pillion.
Looks not bad.Fairly easy fab.Skip the luggage rack if desired.
Originally made by a member on here who isn't making them right now,:(
Anyways here's some pics to give you ideas,its the way I would go.
Rubb.

You may want to go this route Quik,being as you have time on your hands before returning home. Time to draw up some plans.You could do a ruff draft,then finish with exact dimensions upon your return.
Advantages to this design:
Don't have to butcher yer pillion seat.Good for when you don't want a backrest.
The extra cargo space for the wife.Bag with extra shoes,curling iron,etc while traveling.:laugh:
Detaches in 2 minutes.Just need longer bolts for the existing holes under the pillion.
Looks not bad.Fairly easy fab.Skip the luggage rack if desired.
Originally made by a member on here who isn't making them right now,:(
Anyways here's some pics to give you ideas,its the way I would go.
Rubb.
View attachment 1621481

View attachment 1621480

View attachment 1621484
Ive decided to follow folloq mr russels lead and try a similar setup to his for now. Ive talked to a local metal ship and they have 6in flat bar and a thickness of .250". Ive found a seat for 45 bucks shipped that i think would fit the bill for the wife. I also talked to a gentleman at new image seats about getting the stock seat cut down. I emphasized that im looking for a cut seat but would like to still tour. Nice guy and stayed on the phone for a few minutes explaining everything to me and assured the seat wouldperform on a long roadtrip. Im in the air about sending in the passenger seat as its rarely on the bike. He said turn around is 5-7 days and i have a trip on july 10. I will be cutting g it close!

Since the subject is touring, im looking at lowered pegs and came across the knight designs on amazon. They are pricey at 150 bucks us and offer a 1in or 2in drop. Ive heard of the buel peg mod but havent done alot of research on whats needed. Would the seating position change enough with a cut seat to warrant lowered pegs?

This is exactly what i was looking for. I typed in lowered and didnt get good result. I will feel them out but dont plan on keeping them on. I ordered the cut seat and cair wait to feel the difference! ThNks for all your help!
I have a set similar that I put on the back for my wife but they cost me about twice that much, honestly I don't feel like I personally would trust them for me since I have a tendency to stand up and search my legs at higher speeds but I'm also a bigger guy. I do have the kd 1 in drop pegs and do like them especially for longer trips but I took them off and swapped back to my stock ones since my riding had been more spirited and shorter lately. Also didn't like that they were causing my heel to rest in my midpipe of my new alpha t exhaust, I would do some reading if u go with the knight design pegs cause I believe I read that the 2in drop gave some people issues with fitment. Your also gonna probably wanna go ahead and trim the rear brake rod regardless of type you choose since it has a tendency to run out of adjustment before you can get it below the peg, I think @c10 posted since pics or video of him trimming his.

Back