GEN 2 2016 BUSA VIBRATIONS

Raghav

Registered
hi i recently completed a 5500 km ride on the busa, the bike didn't have any issues. in the last leg i felt some unusual vibrations at 180-210 kmph vibrations (pretty severe to get my attention), the same night i ended up getting my FI light on, subsequently a C28 error code in the display which is the secondary throttle valve code, my mechanic rectified the error , he said the valves weren't getting enough current and were left open, so there was the issue in the charger, i took her for a ride and i again found these vibrations at the same speed, i haven't experienced dem b4, my bike has covered 31000 kms and nearing 3 years old.what can cause such vibrations?

Is it through the seat (motor, rear end) or bars (front end)?
the windscreen seems to vibrate violently , the visions affected, its the entire bike buzzing, i recently changed the rear tire, metzeler RR 190/55/17 , how ever i feel my front tyre worn out now, done 10k on the front tyre, and there was a slight amount of wobble to at 70-90 kmph.
thanks brown.

ill get the tyre changed and she's due for service too, i am only apprehensive that the vibes are not due to the FI error i got, anyway thanks.
I don't think that would cause vibration, and if it vibrated after it was fixed, then that wasn't the cause....

The throttle valve issue is usually caused by a dry solder joint in the secondary throttle flap motor, more common than you would think.
The voltage/current up to the ST motor will most likely be fine, but yes, that is the very first check to make, check the voltage up to the ST motor, THEN look at the ST motor soldered contacts.

I just about guarantee it is caused by the front wheel out of balance, the tire has 10,000kms on it, on Indian roads, new tire and balanced should sort the issue.
SORRY KIWI.... couldn't resist.
1551020146154.png

Back