Gen 2 17T front sprocket ?

Telboy2000

Registered
no doubt this has been discussed multiple times.
I'm thinking of swapping the 18T for a 17T but how will this impact the speedo....something tells me it will be even further out as i seem to remember the speedo reads off the gearbox output shaft as such.

Is there an alternative to a speedo healer to sort out the speedo offset.

I owned a 2009 R6 geared 16/48 Factory . I changed it to 17/48 , and since the speed sensor pick up was at the countershaft sprocket the bike went from beeing off to correct to GPS with in 1/10 MPH . I imagine the Hayabusa to show similar results . Now if you went 16 / 40 or 17/42 it will defiantly show a faster speed than true GPS speed . Average error is 7% for most motorcycles by manufacture .

no doubt this has been discussed multiple times.
I'm thinking of swapping the 18T for a 17T but how will this impact the speedo....something tells me it will be even further out as i seem to remember the speedo reads off the gearbox output shaft as such.

Is there an alternative to a speedo healer to sort out the speedo offset.

12 o'clock lab makes the speedoDr. It is about 1/2 the price.

There's a speedo healer in the classifieds I think 85 shipped. Well worth the 25 more then the speeddrd. Plus the top speed recall is pretty cool.

There's a speedo healer in the classifieds I think 85 shipped. Well worth the 25 more then the speeddrd. Plus the top speed recall is pretty cool.

I agree that speedohealer is a great product and it is my first choice. The OP wanted an alternative and that was the only one I knew of.

On a side note I can't belive the one listed here for $85 is still for sale or I would have mentioned it. For that price I figured it was long gone.

I tried purchasing one from bluegauges.com, but he ended up refunding my money, guessing his didn't work on an 09 Busa.

I purchased a SpeedoDRD from 12Oclock labs. Was easy to adjust. All I had to do is just use a program on my phone called Ulysse Speedometer, to see what I was actually doing, compared to what I was showing on the speed, do a quick calculation, then voila adjusted.

It was definitely worth the $70 FYI I went to a 20T front, 41T Rear sprocket.

does seem an odd way to go with gearing...unless theres a big turbo/supercharger involved.

So for me...the 'off the shelf' answer seems to be 12 O'clock labs etc....04LE thanks for the offer of the 2nd hand unit but by the time i'd pay customs duty etc it gets relatively expensive.
We have local holidays here at the moment so i'll maybe have a chat with Jack in Holeshot Racing next week and see if he has a workaround...i was planning seeing him anyway to get a custom exhaust and tune done over the winter if he has the time/space.
Thanks for the replies.

+2 is a good compromise. Brings the power down to where its a bit more usable but still cruises on the highway

Back