Gen 1 with sluch pipes

Morne

Registered
I need some help here please, I have a 4 into 1 Yoshi system on my Busa. I want to know can I take it a part where it join to become one and put a sluch pipe on and ride it like that with no peferated tail. So with other words it would be a staight pipe coming out under the front food peg?

Will this cause anny damage to the engine or loss of power?

Thanks
Morne
:beerchug:

No engine damage, probably no power loss, and a slight gain with a proper dyno tune. But very LOUD! Just take the muffler and midpipe off, if you can stand it, go for it.

Done it but backfire a lot and blue flames came out of the pipe when taping of the gas is this normal?

Thanks
Morne

Sounds like it is too lean. Do you have a power commander?

No, it's just unburned fuel, and the pair valve mod will help the popping as said above. The Power Commander won't have a generic map for that, but probably something close. As always a dyno tune is your best bet. But the bike will be fine with nothing.

Done it but backfire a lot and blue flames came out of the pipe when taping of the gas is this normal?

Thanks
Morne

I would not run it like this. What is the reason for you wanting to have such a loud exhaust?

But it breathes fire and rings ears, surely an even trade!:laugh:

You can breath fire now if you want ..I think. While riding along....rev it up, hit hit the kill switch..then flip back on.:laugh:

Use to work on my old 91 gsxr750 back in the day. We use to scare the crap out of sping breakers in Dayton walking down the strip:thumbsup:

that doesnt work as well on FI. Kill switch kills the injectors - thus no fuel is run through the system. Worked great on the older carb bikes - agreed much fun, esp at night with flames.

Back