Gen 1 Vs 06 Zx10

justin hardin

Registered
Well there's a local who has laid down a challenge to me tommorrow on our local 1/8 track. His 06 zx10 has a couple bolt ons and it's slammed. I'm at stock height just gonna wing it. I've had the 07 busa about a week and it's quite different trying to leave fast lol. Last time I visited the track was two years ago on my beloved bandit 1200. I was pulling 7.1 and 1.68 60 ft on it at swb. Accepting tips on or advise on to do my best at stock height. I would use lowering straps but I haven't had any luck finding any before tommorrow night. Don't bash me for asking but how bad would it be if I used my small tie down straps and cut it in the middle, pass it thru front axel,then retie together and marry the hooks.? Also seems as there isn't much slipping capabilities on this stock clutch as compared to my other bikes. It's like it's engaged or its not haha. So maybe tomorrow it's big wheelie or bog :)

That strap arrangement sounds scary. I wouldn't do it. On a Gen-1 the strap attaches to the brake caliper bolt on both sides. I guess you could fab up a bracket to bolt on there that you could hook your strap to. You also need lowering links (dogbones). Some Busas chatter the clutch without the one piece mod, other's don't. I guess you'll find out as you start to approach the 1.60 sixty foot zone.

I prefer Mobil-1 car oil so that the clutch slips a little better. Some other bikes don't have a good enough clutch to use this oil but it works fine in Busas. A 16 tooth front sprocket would help your launch too.

If the other guy has some experience it sounds like you are being set up for the kill. I would recommend begging off until you have the clutch mod, sprocket, lowering links and strap. At least then it is a fair race.

Well there's a local who has laid down a challenge to me tommorrow on our local 1/8 track. His 06 zx10 has a couple bolt ons and it's slammed. I'm at stock height just gonna wing it. I've had the 07 busa about a week and it's quite different trying to leave fast lol. Last time I visited the track was two years ago on my beloved bandit 1200. I was pulling 7.1 and 1.68 60 ft on it at swb. Accepting tips on or advise on to do my best at stock height. I would use lowering straps but I haven't had any luck finding any before tommorrow night. Don't bash me for asking but how bad would it be if I used my small tie down straps and cut it in the middle, pass it thru front axel,then retie together and marry the hooks.? Also seems as there isn't much slipping capabilities on this stock clutch as compared to my other bikes. It's like it's engaged or its not haha. So maybe tomorrow it's big wheelie or bog :)
Leave at about 3000 and be wot at the tree!!!

I like being the under dawg. Haha I'll be sure to get a video of it. What's the absolute best time I can run stock motor stock height. I wanna have something to compare against when I get my first slip. 1/8 not quarter. I weight 215. Any chance of just nailing it, wheelie all way down the track and still run 6.7? Or better/worse.

lmao i love the idea bu no...you will be a little hard pressed to be him stock in the 1/8...quarter would be no problem :)

Bike vs bike
No way will a stock gen1 beat an 06 zx10 lowered with bolt on mods, 1/8th or 1/4.
It'll be somewhere between the 1/4 and half mile mark, and past 150/160mph before the Busa can pass the Ninja.
Stock vs stock, both bikes are very close in hp numbers, and the Busa is about 130-150lbs heavier.
Rider vs rider, it's anybody's game.

Back