Gen 1 undertail on gen 2

Chevy454

Registered
The only thing that i dont favor about the gen 2 is the tail..does anyone have a pic of a gen 1 undertail on a gen 2

Yes do it you won't be disapointed I did it and it looks goods you can lower and it won't rub and it looks so much better.

GEDC0951.jpg

i didnt like the gen2 tail at first, but it has grown on me and now i think its the only way to go... but i also like my girls with a little junk in the trunk

Yes its an extended tail but It also looks good with the stock tail. I love the way it looks especially when I'm parked next to a GenII with the new tail.
One of the other benifits I got was a 7 lbs weight savings by putting on an aluminum subframe from a genI. I also got back all of my trunk space.
If you are going to strech your bike alittle then it is a must they really skrewed up the busa with the tail that angles down.
I do think the new tail setting on a 300 tire looks cool though. But stock GenI tail look pretty good to me. Oh yea you can also move the voltage regulator from under the bike yuk back to where it was before. Glad you gentelmen liked it.

I am getting a Gen II Busa and want to know what all needs to be changed to put the Gen I undertail, would I have to replace the subframe. I read that one of the guys on here did, but was that a necessity or did you just do it to make the bike lighter? I really like the way the Gen I looks, it's a much cleaner look in my opinion. Thanks for any input or help w/ my query.

I am getting a Gen II Busa and want to know what all needs to be changed to put the Gen I undertail, would I have to replace the subframe. I read that one of the guys on here did, but was that a necessity or did you just do it to make the bike lighter? I really like the way the Gen I looks, it's a much cleaner look in my opinion. Thanks for any input or help w/ my query.

you need everything in cluding subframe....i have what you need, CHEAP....:thumbsup:
PM me if interested.

I couldn't stand the Gen II tail either for a couple of years but it grew on me(have had 2 Gen I's).When i bought a new 2011 the first thing i did was clean up the butt,now i like it way more than the Gen I's.:thumbsup:

newbike003-1.jpg

i've got my whole gen 1 tail section for sale with a hotbodies undertail for cheap. i need to make space in the garage :laugh: pm me

Back