Gen' 1 UK 1999 Busa not starting.

Busadon99

Registered
Hi from the UK guys.
Got a starting prob' with my full power '99' Busa owned from new.
Read several posts on hear with similar scenarios but thought I would ask for your thoughts anyway.
Bike is always dealer maintained and serviced regulary at the shop I bought it at 20 years ago this June!
Performance wise she's got a full Akrapovic system, K&N filter and been set up on the dyno with a power commander.
(Got a lot of other special parts but not linked to the engine problem)
Was out for a ride just before Christmas when I lost a full tank of fuel/gas over the back tyre - fuel hose split on me ! (spectacular slide motox style to get out of it without dropping her)
Dealer picked bike up and checked everything over replacing all fuel hoses to be safe.
Seemed ok when riding back from shop to my house, started up after a couple of prods just after xmas with recent new battery on her.
Yesterday and today tried and no sound when turning over from fuel pump, 'F1' showed up at one point not catching or firing at all - fuses all ok.
Always kept tank full with premium fuel/gas since new (BP ultimate with anti clog/rust inhibitors)
Thoughts and info' appreciated guys.

For clarity, the engine is turning over but the fuel pump makes no noise? Put a voltmeter on the battery while starting. Others can comment but I think less than 9.5 volts is a damaged battery.

Yeah that's right, turning over fine -wizzes over! but no sound from fuel pump.
Will check what you suggest but battery was new three months ago and is maintained on full charge on optimate so can't see it being the battery!
Appreciate the reply pal.

Back