Gen 1 transmission access from bottom of engine.

hayabusa169

Registered
Is there a manual that walks you threw removing the transmission from the bottom of the engine so I don't have to take the whole engine apart to get to it?

Engine must come out, but dont break down the top end, there is no need too

the engine is on my work bench need to know how to get to the transmission without tearing down the whole motor heads split case, you know the way it is done in the idiot Suzuki manual. any one live near Norfolk,VA that can walk me through this?

You have to tear it apart like the idiot manual says. That's how it is done.

You can get forks out without tearing it apart, but not the trans. The shafts of the transmission are held in by the cases themselves.

Cant do it without splitting the cases. If you mount it in an engine stand you can do it without having to remove the top end. PERSONALLY, If you're going to split the cases, DO the Top End too. Spend the money to get some quality internal parts (Main Studs, Cylinder Studs, Solid Shift Shafts, etc.) So hopefully you wont have to split it open again for a long time (or ever).

If it is just a stock motor, I don't see any need for studs.

True... For now. If the plan is to eventually build the top end, why not do these mods while the cases are already split. It eliminates the need to do the same work all over again. (I'm just the kind of guy who is never satisfied with "Fast Enough". Lol... So it's just my opinion)

Back