Gen 1 to Gen 2 Rebuild information needed

The frame, cases, cylinders, oil pan are all the same along with rear shock, pivot etc. The radiators are dimensionally the same and can be used on either bike. However, gen 1 the fans are activated off a stand alone temp switch on the left side of the rad. Gen 2, the ecu turns them on and off based off temp.

Out of couriosity why do you want to run gen 2 throttle bodies? They won’t fit. Yes you can run a gen 2 turbo airbox on a gen 1 but that’s only because the silicone couplers have enough give in them. You don’t have that luxury using stock head boots.

If you swapped the head, then you’d to use an offset cam timing pin. If you’ve gone that far, might as well just swap the whole head, ecu, harness, controls.

I made my 03 a 2012. Love it to. Still need to get fairings and looking for some chrome rims.

20190203_225421.jpg

Saw in your videos it has a gen2 speedo. Was that difficult?
also just wondered this question. i have the gen 1 speedo, but all is now already gen 2. but now my problem is speedo. any mods to let the gen 1 speedo fits in the gen 2 plastics or better to go strait gen 2 speedo.

also just wondered this question. i have the gen 1 speedo, but all is now already gen 2. but now my problem is speedo. any mods to let the gen 1 speedo fits in the gen 2 plastics or better to go strait gen 2 speedo.
No. But I used everything from the Gen 2 but the frame.

This has been done before.
There's an old thread here somewhere, it shows the re-pin between gen 1 and 2 guages to make it work.
Sorry, not much help, but the info IS here.
Good luck finding it.

How are y'all getting the airboxes to fit? I tried to get a Gen 2 box to fit my Gen 1 "motor" bike, and couldn't figure out a way....
im leaving the air box as it is now. because it didn't come up for a change on that yet or tried it. I have a Gen 2 it will be checked into if i lift the fuel tank of the gen 2 and take off the air box to see if it really fits as it suppose to. will let you know as soon i do that.

Good day Guys,

I had bought a 2005 Hayabusa from a friend and he was busy building it to Go Gen 2. So i have a few questions that most of you already did or still thinking off.
1. Gen 2 Throttelbody, will it fit gen 1 head or must I change the head and Throttelbody of gen 1 to gen 2 fully.
2.. If the Change is done from gen 1 to gen 2 on Throttel bodies, i must change the whole harness.
3. Shocks looks the same but the gen 2 front bottom is not the same, the fender does not fit at all. So there is a must change .
4. Radiator change and oil cooler must be change or not. \
5. Reservoir is on te left, can i leave it there or must i change to Gen 2 Right side Reservoir.
6. Then the Gen 1 tank fits yes, but i want the Gen 2 tank on, looks better for me
7. Airbox must i change it or will it fit when i change the tanks from gen 1 to 2

I new to all of this rebuilds, any info will helpfull
thanks in advance to all
I didn't see you mentioned the cluster gauge. I blew a gen 1 motor and a friend had a Gen 2 available for purchase. I bought it put it in the bike and the cluster gauge would not talk to that motor. Had to go out and buy a Gentoo cluster gauge for $2,500! So beware of the cluster gauge

I didn't see you mentioned the cluster gauge. I blew a gen 1 motor and a friend had a Gen 2 available for purchase. I bought it put it in the bike and the cluster gauge would not talk to that motor. Had to go out and buy a Gentoo cluster gauge for $2,500! So beware of the cluster gauge
buddy, so you when you put in the gen 2 cluster what did you change , I can get a gen 2 cluster 100% working condition, but I dont want to buy and it does not work on the gen 1 harness. Any help on the change of this cluster change.

This has been done before.
There's an old thread here somewhere, it shows the re-pin between gen 1 and 2 guages to make it work.
Sorry, not much help, but the info IS here.
Good luck finding it.
I sixpack577, i cant find that post, any short cuts to it maybe please

At that point you might as well buy a decent gen 2 and tear into that...Might be cheaper
i do agree, but after all the changes i can not change back, its a huge project believe me not for the faint harted as you know, thats why i need to finish this asap

i did the swap with my 03 busa the gen 2 gauge works on the gen 1 wiring harness only the temperature gauge goes up and down when the engine is running, can someone help me with the correct pin to fix this?

Back