Gen 1 running grumpy

Imfartin

Registered
Hi y’all, first post here hoping to find some suggestions for my 07 that’s acting rather sluggish lately. I purchased the bike at roughly 3,500 miles already equipped with a PC3 and what appears to be the appropriate tune downloaded. She has a two bro exhaust, flow master air box, and very tasteful ball z extended arm. I’ve put roughly 1,500 miles on her. All in all the bike runs pretty well...however,
from day one the bike had a low end surge issue and a flat spot at around 8000 rpm. As time has gone by she has also begun backfiring occasionally throttling down at speed, dying occasionally on throttle off deceleration, and she seems to be flattening out and unable to break thru the 8,000 rpm barrier without considerable lag. She idles at around 950 rpm.
I’m no mechanic, however, I’ve pulled plenty of wrenches in my day and am willing to troubleshoot if someone could kinda guide me thru. There’s also the issue of this thing next to the PC3 which I have no idea what it may be (pic attached). Any suggestions would be most appreciated and I’d be delighted to post additional pics or offer more details as well. Thanks 1,000,000

D08E3E56-4657-4632-BEC3-FE0E7874AB6A.jpeg

4E7253F3-B580-4A3E-A7C3-78676B5E4C33.jpeg

Nice lookin' ride! That's an older version SpeedoHealer to correct your indicated speed. I'd try what Mr. Brown suggested and then possibly a map issue or dirty injectors.

Back