Gen 1 question about hump

Clearance for you to lock your helmet to bike. That is the gap the helmet strap goes thru.

......may be a dumb question but what would i hook the helmet to if thats the place for the strap?

I know this sounds dumb, but i was just looking at it earlier and took the hump off and looked, and i just could not for the life of me figure it out.

i feel like an idiot:rofl:

IF you look close along the inside of the compartment there is a metal hook you put the d-ring of your helmet on.

On the sub frame there is a hook that you use for the d-ring on your helmet strap, there is just enough strap that on that hook (it sticks up, like an upside down L) the helmet will lay against the tail and the hump sits perfectly over the top...

just went out and tried it...........:rofl: that's pretty cool. wow i'm an idiot. i was like a kid that just built his first lego set. ran in a grabbed the wife and showed her, she just looked at me and said "thats nice"

:rofl:

oh snap.....she actually got happy, i saw there was another place to hang on on the other side:rofl:

anyone just had one of those days?:rofl:

oh snap.....she actually got happy, i saw there was another place to hang on on the other side:rofl:

anyone just had one of those days?:rofl:

just for your ah....moment

fireworks2.gif

Have you hung the helmet on there yet, Easy to get on, Can be a little tricky to get off

Okay, it's like this -

Remove the hump
Set on ground next to you. (They don't fall very pretty).
Take the 'D' ring on the helmet in your left hand
With the hook on the subframe located visually
And with your right hand supporting the helmet
Holding the helmet high over the subframe
Clip the 'D' ring over and down
Carefully lower the helmet to rest on the left side of the rear cowl
Install the hump

I hope that is what you were looking for! :satisfied:

......may be a dumb question but what would i hook the helmet to if thats the place for the strap?

I know this sounds dumb, but i was just looking at it earlier and took the hump off and looked, and i just could not for the life of me figure it out.

i feel like an idiot:rofl:

Great question and news to me also so thanks for posting this. Now I too know what those babies are for. :bowdown:

This is the best advise on this thread!
icon14.gif

i've been riding with helmets on either side off and on for a couple years and not one scratch on the bike. i do; however, have a couple of scratches on my lids from kicking them cuz i can't get my fat leg hi enough:rofl:

Back