Gen 1 mapping ECU

Bert

Registered
Hi all,

Posted this in my intro thread and got no replies ( probably because its in the wrong place tbf )

I am looking to remap my ECU. I have a Ktag ( chinky clone ) and can read/write it. You can pay £75 for a cable but Im tight ( scottish ).
Heres pinout incase anyone needs it...
1585494969012.png

1 - brown
2 - red
5 - blue
6 - black
7 - yellow
8 - green

1585495019279.png

1585495042553.png

1585495075334.png

I have map definitions for Romraider, and I have an ORI for EU from my bike, and another from an external source - mine is 100% stock. The Ktag appears to read files at 384kb ( padded ) which must be the entire MPC area as the actual data for the deffenitions is 256kb. To read ORI in RR you must first remove the padding, and to write you need to re-pad out the files in hex with FF.
Ive had a play with it, but tbh its well above my level of confidence - esp on a bike I dont want to kill.
Does anyone have any tips, or even a calibration file for a stock bike to raise rev limiter, remove top speed restriction ( I assume it pulls the timing? ) and to do the same adjustments as a TRE does to timing?
I have emailed a USA company to see if they will sell me a calibration but I suddenly thought, will it run the same being an EU model... not sure.

I'm not real familiar with this, but I do know that a TRE doesn't pull timing. All it does is block the gear signal to the ECU. It removes the speed restriction by telling the ECU that it's in 5th gear, all the time.

The ECU pulls timing in some gears, but the TRE itself doesn't change timing, it simply fools the ECU into thinking it's in a gear where it doesn't pull timing. That make sense?

Yes mate, sorry a bit slow today tbh - cabin fever in the UK :(
I assume this is all that needs to be amended but may be wrong.... for the limiter that is.
1585497815270.png

To.....

1585497846044.png

Note also the difference in ignition between 3/4 bank 1, and 5/6 bank 1
1585498072836.png

1585498095158.png

Not sure if I can just copy/paste full power from 3/4 over 5/6 ( possibly 1/2 as well ) for full torque? As I say Im out my depth but I have dabbled before so not a total noob.

Thanks @Mr Brown , hope so as I want to learn and it can be dyno'd and afr's checked etc once this lockdown finishes. I just dont want to to do a school boy error etc. Shame none have a bin file kicking about for an EU one :(

Hi all,

Posted this in my intro thread and got no replies ( probably because its in the wrong place tbf )

I am looking to remap my ECU. I have a Ktag ( chinky clone ) and can read/write it. You can pay £75 for a cable but Im tight ( scottish ).
Heres pinout incase anyone needs it...
View attachment 1615807
1 - brown
2 - red
5 - blue
6 - black
7 - yellow
8 - green

View attachment 1615808

View attachment 1615809

View attachment 1615810

I have map definitions for Romraider, and I have an ORI for EU from my bike, and another from an external source - mine is 100% stock. The Ktag appears to read files at 384kb ( padded ) which must be the entire MPC area as the actual data for the deffenitions is 256kb. To read ORI in RR you must first remove the padding, and to write you need to re-pad out the files in hex with FF.
Ive had a play with it, but tbh its well above my level of confidence - esp on a bike I dont want to kill.
Does anyone have any tips, or even a calibration file for a stock bike to raise rev limiter, remove top speed restriction ( I assume it pulls the timing? ) and to do the same adjustments as a TRE does to timing?
I have emailed a USA company to see if they will sell me a calibration but I suddenly thought, will it run the same being an EU model... not sure.

For the writing the 1. gen Busa ECU (if K3 and up) only need an 5volt usb-serial adapter. here is the schematic:

+ you need ecueditor software from ecueditor.com

Ohh, incase anyone knows also, I was hoping to also get the ECU to put the fan on 8c or so earlier if thats also possible.

@feket663 I dont need one mate, I can write with my ktag I already have :) Thank you for the schematics but tbh I saw no point when I saw them elsewhere.

Back