Gen 1 hazards flashing help

Poundsalt

Registered
I have a 2004 and I just removed a dei alarm system from the bike that was previously installed.There were 2 wires tapped into for the rear signals left and right which I removed and the only other spot was into a sensor/relay?which plugs into the starter relay.It’s a yellow/green tracer wire which I connected back together.The bike will start,everything works as it should except all 4 blinkers are flashing like hazard lights now with the key on or running.Any ideas on what could cause it or how to fix it?

E43F3949-EB6E-4A25-BAF4-49714DC5D2FB.jpeg

296C6112-27A2-4E9B-AD19-5911BAB4B150.jpeg

426AAB53-3C5D-46DE-A3CF-FDBA3C89E668.jpeg

Welcome to the site,

Unfortunately electrical stuff is my Achille's heel.....
You and me both.It’s got to be something I missed because it worked fine before I removed the alarm.And only 3 wires were spliced into others.Only the yellow/green wire was cut and ran to 2 separate wires so I just reattached the yellow/green wire?
I’ve always wanted a busa and just picked the bike up 3 weeks ago and I’ve torn it to pieces adding stuff already lol

652AA845-8FC5-4ADF-A42A-6BC5A27C6432.jpeg

You and me both.It’s got to be something I missed because it worked fine before I removed the alarm.And only 3 wires were spliced into others.Only the yellow/green wire was cut and ran to 2 separate wires so I just reattached the yellow/green wire?
I’ve always wanted a busa and just picked the bike up 3 weeks ago and I’ve torn it to pieces adding stuff already lol

View attachment 1659803
When you find it, it will be a "face palm" moment I'm sure.....I've had more than a few over the years...

Welcome to the forum @Poundsalt. Great name! There are a few people I would like to tell to pound salt. But I digress.

Do you have the service manual with the electrical diagram for reference? You may need it for tracing depending on how this goes.

My research on the forum indicates that the turn signal relay and side stand relay are in the same box. Would this alarm disable the side stand cutoff? Does the side stand currently work correctly to enable and disable the bike?

Did you insulate the taps so that they cannot short by contact to anything?

I’ve been stealing info off this site for the past few weeks so don’t know why it took me so long to join.So much great info on here.
I’ll follow the side stand wires and see if it’s been tapped into.The signal relay is unmolested and all original,wires,etc..I’ve since torn the header off so I’ll have to wait to get it on and test the side stand.
I solder the wires and shrink rap them after.
I’ll keep looking and check everything posted up by you guys so far

I have a copy of the service manual and literally everything is hooked up exactly as shown in the wiring diagram…
I double checked all wiring,sidestand is operational,fuses,bulbs,leds,opened up the controls and all contacts are good,tried an led relay,grounds,connections all cleaned.This one has got me stumped?I even tried load capacitors,diodes.Dont even know what’s left to try
sorry but did you ever thought about downloading the manual (here) to read afterwards the elec. scheme? ;)

should help a bit i guess :)

Back