Gen 1 Hayabusa Dyno Results

Redboost

Registered
Hi All Busa lovers !

So I just got my bike up and running (see my other thread about the problem).
With the newly upgraded stator that was supposed to be more efficient and a new MOSFET rectifier the and with my OEM ignition coils back in the bike finally got a custom map.

I will post a pic below, I need some input from other Busa owners who upgraded their Busa from 16Bit ECU to 32Bit ECU, did you guys get any HP gains?
My thought was to also get a Power Commander Ignition Module to get a more precise map.

https://imgur.com/a/K8TZn

My Mods :
Factory Pro Velocity stacks
Sprint P08 filter
Big airbox mod
Vance & Hines S4 Titanium Bolt-Ons
Ceramic wheel bearings
SuperSprox 40T
D.I.D 530ZVM-X
17T Vortex
PCV

Mods I'm planning :
32Bit ECU conversion
Open up my midpipes/get them custom made. for optimized flow.
Yoshimura Stage 1+ Cams
Ignition module

With the new mods I hope that I will achieve 175rwhp :D

Almost forgot to mention that my bike has almost 50.000miles/80.000km.

Best Regards
Marko

IMG_7152.JPG

Last edited:
Best of luck! Looks like your getting pretty decent power.

@VIPER Thx! For a stock header and stock mid pipes, I'm happy, I have a childhood friend that just started a firm in Barcelona (CM Engineering @ Instagram) that will make me a custom header in the future but for now derestricted mid pipes.

@Jake whitebird I'm getting a custom 4-2 header in the future because it's very hard to find a 4-2 header for the Gen 1 Hayabusa.

@GNBRETT 156.5 was with a map that i downloaded from Powercommander website, 166.2 was with a custom tune.

I would do a full exhaust with the cams. I would also shave the head or do drop in pistons to up the compression.

One thing I wouldn't do is get a ignition module from power commander. I have had nothing but problems with them on my busa and gsxr's. I love power commander on my gen 1 busa but we have had many problems getting the ignition module to work on it. Spent many hours with power commander trying to figure out what the problem is.

@busakiller What ignition module did you have?

Is there anybody that can explain to me how to get different maps for each cylinder?
I just plugged in my pc to the PCV and saw that I have 1 map for all gears and all cylinders, I might be wrong now but isn't it better to have separate maps for each cylinder?

@busakiller What ignition module did you have?

Is there anybody that can explain to me how to get different maps for each cylinder?
I just plugged in my pc to the PCV and saw that I have 1 map for all gears and all cylinders, I might be wrong now but isn't it better to have separate maps for each cylinder?

I could be wrong but I don't think you would be able to accurately tune individual cylinders without being able to monitor the exhaust for each cylinder.

I have had the pc3 and pcv ignition modules and neither worked.

To tune each cylinder you need to have a o2 sensor on each head pipe. You can do that and you would have a better and balanced tune. But you really don't need to do that. I would only do it if you have big bucks into the motor or you raced in a class where a super good tune would give you the edge over the competition.

Back