Gen 1 grudge bike build.

If anyone is looking for a Halloween idea. The front fender on a 1000 looks like a Spartan helmet
0927201018a.jpg

1st night clutch slip. Put the 2 stage in. This is the best of the 4 passes. Spun the tire on 2 and forget to turn on nitrous and autoshift on the other. Pretty disappointed. Maybe throw the clutch away next time. Really considering a gen 2 for this one. Going to give it another try this year hopefully. 60 foot is my downfall always. But autoshift and nitrous worked great. And feels great. For what it is

1011200717.jpg

Hi If you are going with a MTC Gen 2 clutch look into the Air assist for every pound of air you put to it, it puts 3 lbs of lock up pressure on the clutch. Did anyone see the GSX 1000 of Chris More go 8,07 sec at 170 something on a stock motor.
Yes I watch him regular. He is only about an hour from me. I have considered taking his drag race class. The air assist let you ride back to the pits?

Thanks. Sorry about the late reply. I'm at 34 days in a row counting today. I'm about to go in. Maybe tomorrow? Then another 6. Will be the 2nd time this year I hit 41 in a row. Making sure all is payed and have enough left over for this stuff. And still got that bike to the track the last 3 Thursdays.

So I pull up to stage. Man tells ne my nitrous is leaking. I shut off get back to the trailer pull the line off and the adaptor falls in two. ??? I only have half a bottle left. And I actually had another adaptor. But I had to use Teflon tape I have decided shouldnt be used for the npt fittings. Put on and make the 2nd and last pass(and worst). Get home take the line off the new adaptor and it falls on two also. At rhe same place. Dont think I'm overtighen. Are they old. Its nitrous express brand. What you think? That's each of the fittings

1017200652.jpg

1017200653_HDR.jpg

Definitely not from overtightening. It's fatigue failure due to lateral stress accompanied by vibration. At least that's what the grain structure looks like from what I can see. You'll have to look to see how stiff the hose is on the outlet along with how it is mounted. It may not seem like it's pushing back much, but that fitting isn't meant to hold much external force, especially where it failed. I don't think going to a different brand will solve the issue there, more like re-routing lines or the combination of fittings.

I looked at the other bike. I ziptied the nitrous filter to the swingarm the a line to the bottle. The one that broke has a line that ties to the frame and floats to the bottle. With the suspension and force of nitrous through lines I would think there is a lot of pressure. I have ordered a longer line and going to reroute. Thanks for all the comments. Everybody

Any updates?
Went with this setup. Had no gauge for a while but wasn't happy. Then mounted it on arm with that adaptor then ended up with this mess. I think the weight of gauge and vibration like was said did it. I had a few leaks so I really tighten the fittings and the material isn't like "real" metal. Need a smaller gauge but I love this one. It's really not convenient to put on with that big gauge. But I went turbo, so I use it on the other bike and haven't spent much time there.

PXL_20220531_095616276.jpg

I have called him several times and talked months ago and it was a hassle. I have called and left 3 messages with staff and 2 text on his phone over the last 4 weeks and no reply or call back. I have simple questions that I am left with asking others to answer because he won't. I know he didn't build the engine but I am spending over $7000 on a turbo from him and would think that a few questions like piston ring gap that he recommends would be appropriate to answer. Right? Payed 2/28/2022 so I hope I will hear something soon. I am patient now because I still have to motor apart, but you know if I was only waiting on him how I would feel.

Who are you talking about that won’t help and what other questions u got? Pretty sure somebody on here can help.

And yea that safety clamp is needed, sometimes those just loosen up, better safe than sorry lol

Back