Gen 1 grudge bike build.

Bigboy Busa2

Registered
My replacement frame came today. I was going to post pictures of the build as it happens. Maybe somebody will be amused.

15923572164486029908173094148232.jpg

Cut tabs and cut rail. And a few rounds of grinding. Going to check tail to make sure of the height and smooth all the grinds. I slipped on the grinder a few times as expected. My plan is to assemble and run the bike for the rest of the year. This winter to have the frame powercoat. And motorwork.hopefully decide on a color for the frame

0618202027_HDR.jpg

0618202026.jpg

0618202026_HDR.jpg

Looks like the map was rich. What did the wideband read normally? If i recall stock flash has cylinder offsets for fueling, the outside cylinders were either richer or leaner? Most of the time I run mine around 12.9 to keep them cool, stuffs going to look like that. Nothing to be overly concerned with. You are going to get the valve seats cut and new seals/springs right?

Looks like the map was rich. What did the wideband read normally? If i recall stock flash has cylinder offsets for fueling, the outside cylinders were either richer or leaner? Most of the time I run mine around 12.9 to keep them cool, stuffs going to look like that. Nothing to be overly concerned with. You are going to get the valve seats cut and new seals/springs right?
I will later. I have not dealt with the a/f. But it will be a wego 3 that I have. Head gasket be here by this weekend. And about 54 h.p. nitrous on this stock head. But yes head will be done later. Am going to put 64# springs on now. Thats why I too head off

If you show us a picture of the top and bottom of the head gasket, those OEM style gaskets usually indicate if there was an issue however you said a compression test came out ok? Did you attempt a leakdown? Ive seen insufficient valve lash in the intakes cause a cylinder to be lean so you may want to pop the cams back in with the head on a stand and check the lash. In extreme cases the buckets will be worn at the contact points for the lobes. I would want to identify something before i put spray to it as well as sending your injex off to get cleaned, prolly to Scott Horner or MPS or someone. I am OCD and things like that roll in the back of my head at all times, it may not bother you.

If you show us a picture of the top and bottom of the head gasket, those OEM style gaskets usually indicate if there was an issue however you said a compression test came out ok? Did you attempt a leakdown? Ive seen insufficient valve lash in the intakes cause a cylinder to be lean so you may want to pop the cams back in with the head on a stand and check the lash. In extreme cases the buckets will be worn at the contact points for the lobes. I would want to identify something before i put spray to it as well as sending your injex off to get cleaned, prolly to Scott Horner or MPS or someone. I am OCD and things like that roll in the back of my head at all times, it may not bother you.
I had this head for a long time now I got a deal on. Maybe use it. What you think of that "jell" on the intake ports? Cut guides and milled.

0624202120.jpg

0624202119.jpg

0624202118.jpg

That is good leakdown #s. That is epoxy in the intake, people use it for some specific cyl head applications. I don't know flow characteristics enough to say what works and what doesn't however i know it is widely used on kawi heads to good effect. I had a circle track car busa head that had an epoxy job to enhance torque in a specific rpm range which the car (lightning sprint?) stayed at for most of the race. I still have that head but haven't done anything with it.

I bought this also. Have blead a lot of different ways and wanted to try this. The old fashion wat works best for me. And this seems like alot less mess. Has a rubber ring in socket to seal off fluid and handle slides up and down to let handle swing without taking socket off nipple

15941723681072952991237772328567.jpg

15941723907263930022240397877244.jpg

I like to try that bleeder tool. Don't think you are the first to break a bearing. The clips are sometimes very sharp and get dug into the groove, I guess that's why gen 2s are reversed. I don't know. Ive broken them. Total PITA. Usually happens when I try to ziptie the cams to the chain and finesse that bitch in there. Feels good but that gut sinking crack when you tighten down the bolts... Make sure you 89in lb those too.

Back